Which 1and1 unmanaged linux server package?

I'm going with a 1and1.co.uk unmanaged server package. That much I have decided.

I will be hosting around 60 websites, mostly Prestashop or Wordpress powered. Some will be very busy.

I think the Quad Core XL Package will be able to deal with this very easily.

4 Processor-Cores at 2.3 GHz
    8 GB DDR2 RAM
    2 x 1000 GB Software-RAID (1000 GB)

What do you think? Is this package not enough, or maybe over the top?

Thanks!

Hi john500, may I know why you like to have a server with 1nad1? Are you a current satisfied client? From my personal experience, they're not a good host.

I have had unmanaged servers with 1&1 for many years, with no technical problems (problems not caused by me, or software upgrades)

When I did mess up and need support I found US support to be excellent, and support for the EURO 1&1 to be pointless.

They are definitely the least bad host I have used. And I have used many. I suppose you could say they are the hosting company whose staff I would least like to slaughter.

I would have to agree with galwin, I had used 1and1 for a while and was never impressed.

For the most part I never had major issues. When I did have problems and tried to contact US support the response was unacceptably slow (24+ hours to get a response). They are also very restrictive and don't want (allow) you to move any services outside of the 1and1 world. I decided to move my DNS away from them since I wanted to manage BIND directly and not through some panel. Shortly after I did that I got daily emails stating that unless I moved it back they would cancel my accounts and no refund.

If you have had better experiences great, and I wish you the best of luck with them in the future.

Personally, this is going to be +1 for 1&1 out of a pool of -1,000's. LOL. So I guess they do have 1 satisfied customer after all.

I don't know why you would like to choose 1&1 as they do not offer the best deals out there and etc but if it rocks your boat, go ahead. You might wanna check out the offer section before taking their deal though.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I would recommend that you contact their sales department about this, they will be able to let you know which solution is best for you and maybe even offer you an incentive to sign up with them
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Having actually read your post if you are set with 1and1 then those specs look good. Not overkill but seems the right solution.