Cheap Bandwidth Hosts in Asia

Hi,

I'm looking to host my image servers in Asia to provide my users in that region with better speeds.

I'm looking to get a server with a dual-core CPU or better, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, and plenty of bandwidth for the cheapest price possible.

Obviously I would order more than one server depending how the bandwidth is distributed among them.

I am looking for around 5-10TB of bandwidth on a 1000mbps port if possible. If not, then s 100mbps will do.

I hear Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan are great destinations.

If you are looking for guaranteed throughput, bandwidth alone would cost you minimum of $1000/mo.

What is your budget?

If you want to push that much bandwidth on a tight budget, you would be better off finding a provider on the West Coast of the US.

Taiwan and Singapore would be good to check out.

For Singapore, BW for about 8-10TB/month on a 1000mbit port would be around US$750/month. Plus hardware, I'm guessing we're looking at around US$1000/month. Is your budget that high?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Bandwidth in Asia is costly. You should suggest your budget and then may be a custom solution for you can be worked out.
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || https://www.24x7TechnicalSupport.net ||

I have no budge set, I would just like the cheapest available cost for bandwith in asia. I hear HK has good hosts with descent pricing. Please someone start referring me to some asian hosts. Thanks,.

While HK has some cheap hosts you still look at at least 80HKD / Mbit (roughly 10US$) - and this BW will be crap: Oversold to hell (1:50 or more), Bad Providers and similar.

Just google Pacnet and iAdvantage (Both big datacenters) and you will see a lot of hosts in this DCs.

Maybe South Korea:
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr/we...edservers.html
    But again, that company has sort of a shady image and they require a LOT of documentation for a simple VPS/VDS.

Quote Originally Posted by EDIS View Post
    that company has sort of a shady image
    Shady how? Can you elaborate on this?

Well, an Asian company requiring a Passport/Identity Card scan + Credit Card scan/other data - you must have a lot of trust to give them this data without any thinking about the risk of stolen identity or similar
    +
    They shameless promote their service at WHT against the rules through users that recommend them in every of their posts and open threads to ask for a setup very similar to what they offer and then say a day later they did go with them and are very happy etc. - of course i have no proof for that, but it looks like it.

William

All Koreans have something call joomin certificate
    Every person in south Korea has to give his identification number to the host. NO Joomin dong nog jeung ( National ID) or Passport

That is for all companies. You see government requires that but on the other hand there are some restriction like those accessing sensitive information must not have any criminal background. There is no where safe but as long as you mask some part of your id I think you will be OK with Internet Brothers company otherwise you won't find any company in Korea to just open the server for you. talk with them and tell them what you are concerned about. give them correct address and phone number to get verified.

think you will be OK with Internet Brothers company otherwise you won't find any company in Korea to just open the server for you.
    My disaster recovery server at Korea Telecom, paid by Creditcard without any passport scans or other stuff besides my email address, says otherwiese

Perhaps some misunderstandings about Hong Kong bandwidth.
    1. 100Mbps is averaging from USD 100 to 400/month depending on number of IP's and service level due to the deregulated telco structure; highly competitive amongst telco's like HGC, PCCW, HKBN, etc
    1.5 you can be pretty guaranteed for this 100Mbps via HKIX; for international traffic, mostly you can get 30Mbps or so to Japan, 10Mbps to China, 5 to 10Mbps to US via these shared pipe
    1.8 it does NOT make sense to talk about buying GUARANTEED bandwidth from Hong Kong to US as that would mean dedicated pt to pt link (leased circuit) which is of course expensive
    2. IPV4 and IPV6 are avail
    3. bandwidth is unmetered in Hong Kong (I mean price structure)
    4. there's no ICP license requirement in Hong Kong
    5. ISP's practise Common Law and international IP protection

Just to share.

<<signature to be set up in your profile>>
    Last edited by foobic; 06-26-2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: removed manual sig

i sent you an email to [email protected] Francis, mind looking at it?

Zhang