Need some suggestions for a VPS‎

I want to buy a small VPS to build some WordPress Blog and a VPN for myself, but I don't have any experience with VPS.

Here is a list of my requirements:
    1. Security and stability come first.
    2. 10G/100G is really enough.
    3. Includes a 7/30-day money back guarantee is better.
    4. The cheaper the better.

Here is a list of my questions:
    1. 1000 vistor/day, How much RAM is enough?
    2. how to compare openvz and xen? Some one told me xen(128MB)>=openvz(256mb).

Please give me your some opinion,and show me some awesome providers.

1 and 4 contradict each other.

Las Vegas, NV
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    1 and 4 contradict each other.
    I do my own security. I don't see why #1 is even a consideration. If you aren't prepared to do your own security then go with a managed VPS, but be prepared to take what they give you.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be comfortable having someone else handle my security. I couldn't sleep at night wondering what I had (or didn't have).

for stability, go with xen, you won't regret with the money you pay for.
    As for security wise, as ajonate said, if you concerned about it, opt for managed VPS.
    the rest is quite standard requirement. :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Europe, Germany, Hannover
    xen is a good choice because you have a guaranteed ram which you can use as by openvz for example.

cause you haven't any experiences i think a managed vps is the better choice.

Here's why 1 and 4 don't work: A "cheap VPS" usually means unmanaged, and an unmanaged VPS is only as secure as you make it.

That being said, here's my opinion about your intended use and the minimum requirements I would look for: 512MB RAM and more than 2 GB disk space, 1000 MHz processor share is fine.

You can run Wordpress on smaller boxes, but you'll be happier with the performance of WP in a 512MB environment. I have a WP blog on a 512MB VPS from, and it works fine. There are some configuration things to take care of that take days to accomplish (MySQL tweaking, etc.) So a lot of the "extra RAM" is taken up by MySql caches, which makes the site run pretty fast (its a small "auto-blogging" site that gets about 7500 page views / month.) Every time I post the URL here I get multiple intrusion attempts, so I'll let you know the URL via PM or email. (Really guys, lay off the hacking attempts).

You can get a VPS like this, without a control panel, Apache web server software, MySQL and PHP for the budget prices you see quoted ( is $5.95 a month). You then have to figure out how to install that software, and secure the server. And maintain it. To get the same thing in a fully managed version, expect to pay about 4 times that amount if you catch one on sale in the offers forum, say $25 to $30 a month. You can get a semi-managed "VPS for a single site" type of plan for about $10 a month, but you usually don't get shell access to do your VPN stuff with.