Deadicated Server Help

I'm currently running a dedicated server with:

windows server 2008 64bit
    2x Intel Xeon 5620 Quad Core w/ HyperThreading (16 vCores)
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    250GB 500GB SATA II HDD
    10 TB Ram
    gigaport

I'm running applications that support my small business on this and the processor seems to not be able to handle the load. I'm not the most tech savvy person and hope I could get some help. I have narrowed down my issues and realize I need a much stronger processor. If anyone could give me a recommendation of any providers that would offer a higher end processor with similiar spec's I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You

Softlayer offers X56XX series Dual hexa core processors.
    Search the offer section http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36, there are quite a few providers offering dual hexa core.

Thanks for the reply. My current host is offering me a 2x Intel Xeon 5650 Hex Core w/ HyperThreading (24 vCores)but I'm not the most knowledgeable on hardware is this really that big of an upgrade? Or is there something out there that I should be looking for that would be able to really outperform these?

dual 5650 is a great CPU and very much better than dual 5620. For better comparison, check out the following link
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/multi_cpu.html

Maybe you should look if you need more disk performance like a RAID10 setup or SAS disks, it looks like the disks are the bottleneck in your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by WeServIT View Post
    Maybe you should look if you need more disk performance like a RAID10 setup or SAS disks, it looks like the disks are the bottleneck in your setup.
    Really? When running my current application my processor seems to be at 80-100% usage often. I thought that a faster processor would be able to handle the applications better. A better disk setup could also help this problem? My hardware knowledge is really not that great so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by GregBrooklyn View Post
    Really? When running my current application my processor seems to be at 80-100% usage often. I thought that a faster processor would be able to handle the applications better. A better disk setup could also help this problem? My hardware knowledge is really not that great so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You for your responses.
    In some cases, we've experienced that the CPU usage will drop down immediately after changing the disk setup, because if your disks can't handle the speed, the iowait will be higher and higher.
    And what about your application? Dual E5620 CPU's are very fast CPU's and can handle a lot, maybe your application is using all recourses due a misconfiguration or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by WeServIT View Post
    In some cases, we've experienced that the CPU usage will drop down immediately after changing the disk setup, because if your disks can't handle the speed, the iowait will be higher and higher.
    And what about your application? Dual E5620 CPU's are very fast CPU's and can handle a lot, maybe your application is using all recourses due a misconfiguration or a bug?
    Thank you for the info, I will definitely upgrade the discs when purchasing my new server. The applications are a very heavy load and consume a lot of resources hopefully this will help.

Get an experienced admin or the DC tech where the server is hosted to check the server's bottle neck. There will be a lot of problems including poor optimization, I/O bottleneck etc. Its not a thumb rule to be processor speed.