How many of your clients are requesting dedicated IP's

Hello,

My question is: How many of your clients are requesting dedicated IP addresses in percent.
    For example if you have 300 clients,how many of them requested dedicated IP?
    Tiger Host | Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Domain Registration
    ---> 24/7/365 Live Chat & Help Desk Support.
    ---> cPanel 11,Softaculous,Fantastico & more.
    ---> http://www.tiger-host.net

This would vary from host to host, not everyone needs SSL certificates - usually I find people want dedicated IPs if they have an eCommerce website because of the dedicated IP address.

None of my clients requested for Dedicated IP(s), because they don't need SSL at the moment
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

It will depend on the kind of clients that you would attract. So far, mmy clients do not need SSL, and dedicated IP is out. From my observations, if they require SSL, normally, they would subscribe to a VPS or Dedicated service.
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Mainly people that need a dedicated ip is used for to secure there site from others.

I usually come across one or two clients that would need a dedicated ip. Like I said before, a dedicated ip is like a bubble around your account that separates you from other accounts basically you are not on the same ip as the other clients.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeksHosts View Post
    Mainly people that need a dedicated ip is used for to secure there site from others.

I usually come across one or two clients that would need a dedicated ip. Like I said before, a dedicated ip is like a bubble around your account that separates you from other accounts basically you are not on the same ip as the other clients.

Of course not a valid reason and anyone issuing IP's based on this will eventually have it bite them in the ass. It all looks great until you ask for another allocation and you can't get one because you cannot justify the reasons for your current IP usage.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger_host View Post
    For example if you have 300 clients,how many of them requested dedicated IP?
    It's not client-number related for example:
    100% of our ecommerce hosting clients need a dedicated IP :p
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I can't base it on that number,

But in our shared hosting division, all web hosting services out of every 10 clients, I would say about 4 require, and purchase a dedicated ip for there service but as said above, most of our clients who require dedicated ips just upgrade there service to a VPS or a bigger solution to fit there requirements.

We do not provide a cheap price on purchasing dedicated IPv4 addresses for our cPanel Web Hosting Solutions, just because not that many people require them...

Now on our VPS, and Cloud VPS solutions... we get people wanting more at least 10 times a day

our client who order dedicated C class ip on hosting just little client and they use for backlink for their site
    Fast Host Online Hosting, Domain, VPS, Dedicated Server
    OpenVZ, Xen, And WIndows VPS
    http://www.fasthostonline.co.id

Thank you all for your feedback,I'm asking this because soon we are going to purchase second dedicated server and I don't know how many IP's we should purchase.
    Tiger Host | Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Domain Registration
    ---> 24/7/365 Live Chat & Help Desk Support.
    ---> cPanel 11,Softaculous,Fantastico & more.
    ---> http://www.tiger-host.net

Those web hosting providers who are selling exclusively e-commerce website service have a large number of customers who use SSL. Others who do regular Shared, Reseller, VPS or Dedicated have less percentage of SSL customers. I do not have our percentage, but I it should be around 10%.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Of course not a valid reason and anyone issuing IP's based on this will eventually have it bite them in the ass. It all looks great until you ask for another allocation and you can't get one because you cannot justify the reasons for your current IP usage.
    Getting new IP allocations can be difficult even if you have all of the justification you need so I'd hate to be in a position of not being able to justify the current usage myself.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/