* Web Host Management Re-Invented - OpticBill

OpticBill is a revolution in web hosting management. Automate your workplace and take control of your business. OpticBill takes care of client and server management on an entirely new level, leaving you with time to do what's important: grow your business. OpticBill isn't ready for primetime just yet, but it will be soon.

Go to http://www.opticbill.com to be notified as soon as OpticBill launches.
    OpticGrid Networks - Fast . Reliable . Affordable - OpticGrid.com
    Email: sales@opticgrid.com | Toll-Free: 1-888-993-8338

Can you get us some screenshots and key features?
    WebTuga Hosting - Portuguese Shared, Virtual and Dedicated Web Hosting
    CloudFire WebHosting - European Low Cost Cloud WebHosting

Screen shots will come soon. Key features include automation of things never available before. We are going to leave it at that until the beta.

Reasons you would want to signup is because we will be providing the service in beta FREE to the first "x" number of people for a set period of time and after that those people will always receive a discounted rate as our thank you for helping us test. Those people will also get the option to see newest versions prior to other clients. Being one of the first to signup raises your chances of being in that "test" group.

The system will be a hosted solution where you simply point your domain (ex: billing.domain.com) and provide an optional SSL. It will be fully customizable / templateable just as all the other systems are but will provide the security and reliability of a hosted solution. Some other great security features is the fact that your clients data will be securely stored and backed up without you having to do anything. The data will be on a backend private network only accessible from our servers making it that much more secure than you hosting your own system and have all the data right on the front-end. A lot of small companies can't afford a huge setup but we can provide it.

All the great features of SAS will be in place. Automatic updates that are seamless. Plugins market where you just click and its activated. The list goes on.

The system price has yet to be determined but we can guarantee it will be less than or equal to the competition ($10-$15 monthly | there will be no one time cost).

Feel free to ask questions and I'll answer what I can... without leaking to much info!

Another thing to note is as the majority owner of OpticGrid Networks I became fed up using WHMCS and the other systems. We used to do a lot of VPS sales and all the systems lack VPS features for years. The system also lacks the ability to sell dedicated servers properly. I know you can sell them, but when you see how OpticBill lays it out the entire thing will be changed and will just be so much easier. Automation with the big companies will change server resellers work load. They also lack a lot of financial management tools that could simplify so much.

This system is built by myself and my partner in my other company called GraphicFlash.

The difference between my company and the rest is that I am building from the hosting perspective and I know what companies need. I don't know what the other companies like WHMCS are doing but I feel like none of them have ever run a company and I think that is why so many essential features are forgotten.

Are you thinking about providing it as a self-hosted solution? For us this is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by cenourinha View Post
    Are you thinking about providing it as a self-hosted solution? For us this is very important.
    Not initially. If you don't mind me asking, why is self-hosting important?

Quote Originally Posted by comwiz View Post
    Control over your company data.

Customization, access to data, etc.

Self-hosted is hugely important for me to. Not sure I'd be ready or willing to use something externally hosted by someone else.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-GV View Post
    Self-hosted is hugely important for me to. Not sure I'd be ready or willing to use something externally hosted by someone else.

Regards
    Well it would be a hosted solution.

Your data would be just as secure if not more secure on our server infrastructure. A hosted solution would eliminate your need to worry about client data being backed up as we would do all of that for you. This would be a first in Web Host Management, but if you look around, a lot of software is going towards hosted solutions. When you have a large client base, the company can provide a much more secure and reliable server infrastructure than most of those clients could on there own.

It is highly unlikely that the clients on their own would have multi-server setups where the database is on a back-end network separated from the storage, and front-end application servers. This server setup would span multiple datacenters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cenourinha View Post
    Customization, access to data, etc.
    No need to worry about customization and access to data. You will have the ability to customize the look and feel of your system. Just like the competition you will have the ability to access the template files.

Access to data will not be restricted in anyway. If you should decide to leave, your data is yours and we will have a simple way for you to dump your data into an organized file.
    Last edited by JcLusso; 06-12-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    Control over your company data.
    Like I said above...

Access to data will not be restricted in anyway. If you should decide to leave, your data is yours and we will have a simple way for you to dump your data into an organized file.

I prefer my data to not be seen by any third-party, especially an operator of another web hosting business.

Also, are your servers fully PCI compliant?

Quote Originally Posted by JcLusso View Post
    Like I said above...

I think your target market is going to be limited here, at least anybody with a serious business. However if smaller businesses is your target, then you might be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    I prefer my data to not be seen by any third-party, especially an operator of another web hosting business.

Also, are your servers fully PCI compliant?
    Yes they are PCI Compliant.

Also this system is not related to OpticGrid Networks. This is development done by GraphicFlash LLC, another company I am involved with. Also Your data WOULD NOT be seen by any third party. That would be a huge violation of privacy. Your data would be stored on OpticBill's servers and that is it.

Also please do not think that OpticGrid Networks & OpticBill have any connection. Besides the name, they are two entirely separate entities and are not owned by the same parent company in anyway. OpticBill is owned by GraphicFlash LLC, a website and web application development company.

I think your target market is going to be limited here, at least anybody with a serious business. However if smaller businesses is your target, then you might be fine.
    Why exactly do you say that? Our target market is NOT just small web hosting companies.

Hosted solutions are used by many big companies. Look at 37signals (http://37signals.com/) which made base camp.
    Last edited by JcLusso; 06-12-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Why exactly do you say that? Our target market is NOT just small web hosting companies.

Hosted solutions are used by many big companies. Look at 37signals (http://37signals.com/) which made base camp.
    Those are collaborative web applications, not a core business application.

Those are collaborative web applications, not a core business application.
    What about Shopify? (http://www.shopify.com/) They have over 15,000 stores. Your clients would never know since your domain would be used so I don't see the disadvantage of a hosted system at a lesser or equal cost compared to the competition.

I wouldn't worry about people who demand a self-hosted solution. No matter what you say they wouldn't go with it. If you want to go SaaS then go SaaS; as we know there many other hosted solutions for billing/invoicing, banking, accounting etc.

Good luck with the development, looking forward to see it evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by comwiz View Post
    As mentioned, control of client data... as well as PCI compliance are just two small reasons.

**Edit**

I saw after this where you say they are PCI compliant, so maybe you can explain to us how this is going to be compliant storing CC details for multiple companies on the same servers and how you aren't a 3rd party in this with access to the data? If we are the first party, the client is the second party then you most certainly are a third party in this scenario, correct?
    Last edited by XSV; 06-12-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XSV View Post
    As mentioned, control of client data... as well as PCI compliance are just two small reasons.

**Edit**

I saw after this where you say they are PCI compliant, so maybe you can explain to us how this is going to be compliant storing CC details for multiple companies on the same servers and how you aren't a 3rd party in this with access to the data? If we are the first party, the client is the second party then you most certainly are a third party in this scenario, correct?
    In our initial release, we have no plans to allow people to store credit card information. All payments will be processed by supported payment gateways, such as PayPal, Google Checkout, and about 50 other major payment gateways.

If offline credit card processing is a highly requested feature, we will consider implementing it.

Quote Originally Posted by RavC View Post
    I wouldn't worry about people who demand a self-hosted solution. No matter what you say they wouldn't go with it. If you want to go SaaS then go SaaS; as we know there many other hosted solutions for billing/invoicing, banking, accounting etc.

Good luck with the development, looking forward to see it evolve.
    Thanks for the support. If you left your email on http://www.opticbill.com, you'll be contacted about the pre-release beta.

In our initial release, we have no plans to allow people to store credit card information. All payments will be processed by supported payment gateways, such as PayPal, Google Checkout, and about 50 other major payment gateways.

If offline credit card processing is a highly requested feature, we will consider implementing it.
    You missed responding to the following:-
    Quote Originally Posted by XSV View Post
    ...how you aren't a 3rd party in this with access to the data? If we are the first party, the client is the second party then you most certainly are a third party in this scenario, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    You missed responding to the following:-
    PCI Compliance is in regards to credit card and payment information details. The system stores NO credit card information what so ever.

When transmitting information between the gateway and OpticBill system the client will be required to have an SSL on their domain. If they have no SSL than they will have no choice, but to use our domain with an SSL which will probably be https://checkout.opticbill.com or something along those lines.

As for other data being stored its going to be in a database and OpticBill employees, server administrators, etc will NEVER look at it.