New York City

How do I do this?

Hi all, I want to be able to install a software on a VPS and be able to surf the web and not be connected to the site with my home ip but with the vps ip. In other words for example I want to be able to hide my ip and use a diff one.

I'm trying to do this on a low budget vps.

This can be done quite easily by using a "proxy".

The quickest way is probably install "squid". Then you edit the squid conf file tor port, authorized IP, etc and you're done.

After that, change your browser proxy setting to use your VPS IP.

Your VPS provider can help you do this in a few minutes.

Check with your provider if they allow "private proxy" for yourself. Many hosts do not allow "public proxy" for other users.
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

Also, be aware that this provides only "browsing privacy" for the web sites you visit. They will see your VPS IP address. But, your ISP will still have the record of you going to your VPS to enter the proxy, so it isn't a good plan if you truly need to be anonymous.

simply install with openvpn or look for some vpn services. :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

you may need to opt for a vps loaded with "Remote Desktop"
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives