Thread: SSL Certificate

SSL Certificate

Is the Extended Validation for SSL Certificates worth it? I have already prepared proof of my domain name ownership, business registration documents and an employer to sign in with me. But I'm wondering if the price for one and the complicated process to getting one is worth it for just the green bar?

If I decide not to go the route in getting the EV SSL, what kind of SSL certificate would you recommend for shared web hosting based company? I'm not experienced in this field and could use some help

thanks for looking
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com

Ultimately, it's a sales decision. I don't use one myself, and no one has ever complained about the lack.

Other than the EV cert, the only thing that I routinely recommend is that you use a well-known issuer. With the merger of several of the best-known names, it's essentially a duopoly (GeoTrust/Thawte/Verisign vs Comodo).
    Netmar Web Services - Reliable Web Hosting for 15 years
    Shared hosting, business hosting, domain name registration, and VMware virtual servers
    Specializing in Drupal hosting
    Call 866-363-8627 (toll-free) and ask about our Drupal accounts

Thanks for your input. I believe I'll be dealing with Thawte, still not 100% sure though
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com

SSL Certificates worth ? yes it worth for sure and its not just a green bar ssl will crypt the data transferred btw the user web browser and your server, preventing hackers from using these data to get ifno like password user name cridi cards etc. for normal site ssl is not relay needed but if you are a web hosting provider and your customers will pay in your portal its good idea to crypt your data using ssl

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickN View Post
    Thanks for your input. I believe I'll be dealing with Thawte, still not 100% sure though
    You could consider a GeoTrust certificate - I think you will find that it might be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by netmar View Post
    Ultimately, it's a sales decision. I don't use one myself, and no one has ever complained about the lack.

Other than the EV cert, the only thing that I routinely recommend is that you use a well-known issuer. With the merger of several of the best-known names, it's essentially a duopoly (GeoTrust/Thawte/Verisign vs Comodo).
    How about GlobalSign - or are they to small? ;-)