Looking for a host

I've been searching the forums for the right host for me, but it seems like I'm looking for something a little different than most. Here's my situation:

My current host is Inmotion (shared server) and my account has recently been suspended due to server load. My website uses big mysql databases and can sometimes have a couple hundred queries per second. I also have a few tables with 100k lines to search through.

I don't need much bandwidth because I really don't get that much traffic. The past couple of months, my site has only used about 30gb of bandwidth per month.

I'm not quite sure how powerful of a server I need, but I'd like to have a reliable host with good tech support that is hopefully less than $100 per month.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good host? Also, I'm located in the central time zone of the US.

Thanks for any advice!

Kansas City, Missouri

A smaller dedicated server should do a decent job for you. Remember that optimizing your application and SQL queries will go a long way to help reduce load on any system.
    => Managed Hosting
    => Managed Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Colocation
    => Dark Fiber Access to 1102 Grand, Multiple Public Providers
    => Over •Sixteen• Years of Service

thanks for the reply! By any chance do you know of any hosting plans in particular that would fit that criteria?

You can actually use XEN VPS SERVERS with two disks one for database and other for system and files this should save you few bucks on the long run.

The reason for two disks is that it provide the db with enough read speed that actually will not slow down the site or the server.