Any good secure hosting?

Hello. I'm new here. My English is not good at all (I'm from Panama) so I apologize if my wording is not well understood.

Currently I'm hosted with hostgator in the baby plan. Recently I suffered a DDoS attack and still I have problems.

The index.html page is not live so has been disappeared from Google index.

My question is, Is there any good hosting, not too expensive, that includes a good level of security for DDoS attacks?

What hosting do you recommend if you have suffer like me from a DDoS attack?

Any good service (besides the hosting) to prevent DDoS attacks?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend you MDDhosting.
    I have used HostGator and iPage in the past, and MDD is way better than those.

Yep,MDD hosting,speedy sparrow or hawk host are pretty good.

You should be happy with them
    Tiger Host | Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Domain Registration
    ---> 24/7/365 Live Chat & Help Desk Support.
    ---> cPanel 11,Softaculous,Fantastico & more.
    ---> http://www.tiger-host.net

If you specifically want DDoS protection and a great network for your websites, I strongly suggest you look into GigeNETS hosting plans. They offer shared hosting plans as well and they are WELL known for DDoS mitigation services.

Give Chris Armer a holler, he normally can help get you setup and possibly offer you a break if you give him a big order
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com

Hi joserod, welcome to WHT, hostgator is a good webhosting provider. better you contact the support team to get your problem resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry wilson View Post
    hostgator is a good webhosting provider. better you contact the support team to get your problem resolved.
    Does Hostgator provides DDoS mitigation services as requested by the thread starter? It seems to be very important for joserod to be protected against DDoS attacks.

Tom Tomson
    IP.MN - the fast and easy way to check your IP Number

You can also check
    http://www.blacklotus.net/

They offer DDOS protected hosting with nice rates
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers | XEN VPS Hosting | Web Hosting
    // 2 EU Locations: Netherlands & Sweden
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

$229 for shared web hosting?! o_O is that really how much it cost for DDoS mitigation service on shared hosting?
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by joserod View Post
    Hello. I'm new here. My English is not good at all (I'm from Panama) so I apologize if my wording is not well understood.

Currently I'm hosted with hostgator in the baby plan. Recently I suffered a DDoS attack and still I have problems.

The index.html page is not live so has been disappeared from Google index.

My question is, Is there any good hosting, not too expensive, that includes a good level of security for DDoS attacks?

What hosting do you recommend if you have suffer like me from a DDoS attack?

Any good service (besides the hosting) to prevent DDoS attacks?

Thanks in advance.
    What type of content does your website have? Do you know if the attack targeted your website specifically or simply the current server you are on?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Hostgator claims they protect against DDOS. However, that would be basic DDOS protection to protect their network infrastructure. And chances are if your website is a constant problem, they will terminate your account or ask you to leave.

They are not a true DDOS provider in that sense. Unlike say blacklotus.

i would say go with hostgator, they do a great job with security and it wont cost and arm + leg
    TuneMyBox.com - Providing top quality admin services for linux servers. Mysql/Performance/Security/DDos Mitigation and More! Get a quick and painless quote for any job Here!
    Follow Us on Twitter!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by swilly View Post
    yes, In that it is cleary defined that DDos applicable for both shared and dedicated plans. To confirm better contact the hostgator suppport team where you will get a clear idea and some confident from protecting your site from that attack. Thanks.
    Domains Hosting Coupons & Reviews for Godaddy, BlueHost, iPage, Hostnine, WPEngine | Wordpress Themes Promo Codes - Elegant Themes.

depends what how hard the ddos attack is. if your website got heavy attack, you may have to sign up ddos attack service which is quite expensive.

Exactly, there are many different levels of DDOS protection. And especially if you are currently under attack, don't think you can switch to some $9.95 a month host and they won't care or they won't shut you down.

Be upfront and tell them to the best of your ability what type of attacks your encountering. The fact of the matter is, DDOS protection is NOT cheap and a host would much rather just terminate your account than have their network go down, if you are a constant threat.

Just saying, I see a lot of people here recommending that you go with mainly shared hosting companies, that aren't specifically designed to protect against DDOS attacks, and chances are they are going to drop you as a customer rather than keep you around.