Why Pacific Host is not refunding us

First of all, I think it's really crappy from wht for not letting you know that you can't use smileys if you don't have more than 5 posts. It turns out my hundreds of words just disappeared because of that and now I have to write it up again.

In a nutshell: Pacific Host doesn't want to give us a refund for the months when they were charging us for 24 Additional IPs plus the vps (total $83.99 p/month) and were not giving us the IPs, nor were they assigned at all.

They made us change servers because of some problem they had, changed our main IP. When we looked for the additional ones, they were gone and "support" was completely lost. (below you'll find all the logs from those emails). They said refunds only for anything after a 45 last payment according to the TOS, so we said, ok, that would have to start counting in retrospective from the first date we raised the problem with their "support". Their reply is simply a freak of customer service "your account is cancelled and we won't give you a refund, because of our TOS".

It's been hard dealing with these guys and they simply don't give a damn because we are not located in the US and probably are not willing to lose more of our energy in seeking legal remedies. If I help one single person or business avoid these smartie pants, it would have served the purpose of this post well already.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Here are the logs.

Second "support" sequence:

Ticket #1250: IPs

Your request (#1250) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow this link: http://pacifichost.zendesk.com/tickets/1250

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Please rate my reply here: http://nicereply.com/pacifichost/61839577/1250

Keith Miller, Jun-09 02:17 pm (PDT):

Hello Natali,

Your services has been cancelled already, but you do not get a refund due to the ToS.

--
    Keith Miller
    PacificHost Customer Service Tier 2
    Follow us on Twitter @pacifichost
    Toll free: 1.800.491.6590

Natali Mendoza, Jun-09 02:09 pm (PDT):

Hi,
    We don't feel like keeping our business with you, going through all this
    without being our fault, has consumed our valuable time already, please
    cancel and refund. Kindly stop insisting.

Regards,

Natali
    Global-IMS

Keith Miller, Jun-09 02:05 pm (PDT):

Hello Natai,

We could just get your IP's created... If you fill out this form: https://www.pacifichost.com/requests...ellation.shtml

We can get those IP's for you..

--
    Keith Miller

Natali Mendoza, Jun-09 01:51 pm (PDT):

Ok, just refund the invoices contained within the 45 days where you were
    charging for goods and services not being effectively provided. I think
    it makes sense to start counting those 45 days from the moment we let
    you know about the problem, which was support ticket #1175 from June 1.

Regards,

Natali
    Global-IMS

Keith Miller, Jun-09 01:42 pm (PDT):

Hello Natali,

Our ToS does not allow refunds after 45 days.

--
    Keith Miller

Natali Mendoza, Jun-09 01:32 pm (PDT):

Hi,

I already completed and submitted the form yesterday. We expect a refund
    for the months when there were no additional IPs assigned to our vps.

Regards,

Natali
    Global-IMS

Keith Miller, Jun-08 11:42 am (PDT):

Hello Natali,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences...

I'm sorry that you wish to cancel your service with us. If there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise, you'll need to fill out our service cancellation form. You can find the form at the following link: https://www.pacifichost.com/requests...ellation.shtml

--
    Keith Miller
    PacificHost Customer Service Tier 1

Natali Mendoza, Jun-08 09:58 am (PDT):

Hi Keith,

The way we feel about this is that we've been dancing around this issue
    for weeks, not our fault actually and instead of checking our previous
    assignment/usage of the IPs, we need to do your work and complete a
    form. That's complicated for us. Therefore, we will simply cancel our
    account and move our business elsewhere.

Regards,

Natali
    Global-IMS

Keith Miller, Jun-07 04:06 pm (PDT):

Hello Natali,

My deepest apologies, please fill out this form: https://www.pacifichost.com/requests/ip-request.shtml

--
    Keith Miller
    PacificHost Customer Service Tier 1

Natali Mendoza, Jun-07 10:13 am (PDT):

hey I'm standing by!

Jesse Siegel, Jun-04 11:37 am (PDT):

Hello,

Our admin Keith Miller will get back to you soon on this, Please standby

Thanks

--
    Jesse Siegel
    PacificHost Technical Support Tier 2
    Network Status on Twitter @pacifichost_ops

Natali Mendoza, Jun-03 10:42 am (PDT):

most of my customers requires ssl certificates to eventually add e-commerce.
    anyway you already know that our old ips were NOT used for spamming

Keith Miller, Jun-02 07:24 pm (PDT):

Hello Natali,

We are currently out of IP's on that server, but we can do a request with arin. Could you please provide a reason why you need so many IP's? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,
    Keith Miller
    PacificHost Customer Service
    http://www.pacifichost.com/

Keith Miller, Jun-02 05:55 pm (PDT):

Hello,

I will assign new IP's to your VPS as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Keith Miller

Anthony Hopkins, Jun-02 05:16 pm (PDT):

Hi,

I apologize for Keith's response, he probably did not realize that they need to assign new IPs to you. I am flagging this for him now.

Regards,
    Anthony Hopkins
    PacificHost Customer Support

Keith Miller, Jun-02 12:59 pm (PDT):

Hello,

This is not a billing issue, I am moving it back to Tech.

Regards,
    Keith Miller

Natali Mendoza, Jun-02 09:23 am (PDT):

Hi there, I used to have 24 ips in my VPS with you before you did a change in my main ip add, so what happened to them? Currently I don't see them on my VPS...
    VPS new ip: 216.152.133.75
    Old IPs
    Thanks

PS.: Anthony Hopkins told me to send this tickets to you, they already know the issue on the Tech support department

---------------------------------

First "support" sequence:

# Please do not write below this line ##
    Ticket #1175: IPs

Hello Natali Mendoza,

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the customer service you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Here's a reminder of what your ticket was about:

Anthony Hopkins, Jun-01 07:08 pm (PDT):

Hi,

Can you please submit a ticket to our billing department about this? They will be able to better assist you.

Regards,
    Anthony Hopkins

Jesse Siegel, Jun-01 02:53 pm (PDT):

Hello,

I am escalating your issue to appropriate dept and they will get back to you

Thanks

Regards,
    Jesse Siegel

Natali Mendoza, Jun-01 02:29 pm (PDT):

all ips i had were these:

Jesse Siegel, Jun-01 01:11 pm (PDT):

Hello,

May I know the Ip's that were assigned to you as currently I see that you are been assigned with the IP 216.152.133.75.

Regards,
    Jesse Siegel

Natali Mendoza, Jun-01 01:03 pm (PDT):

ssh 216.152.133.75 -l root Iby0KmeR2bn32WhhG1qLwlP1

Mike Fontana, Jun-01 12:08 pm (PDT):

Hello,

Please get back to us with your server root password so that we can check it in detail.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Regards,
    Mike Fontana

Natali Mendoza, Jun-01 12:06 pm (PDT):

Hi there, I used to have 24 ips in my VPS with you before you did a change in my main ip add, so what happened to them?

Quote Originally Posted by natalim View Post
    Keith Miller, Jun-09 02:05 pm (PDT):

Hello Natai,

We could just get your IP's created... If you fill out this form: https://www.pacifichost.com/requests...ellation.shtml

We can get those IP's for you..

--
    Keith Miller
    I read your entire post however the above quoted is something I do not fully comprehend, So the technician is saying that if you fill out the cancellation form they will give the IP addresses to you?

The reply makes absolutely no sense.

Hello Natali,

This is Keith Miller from PacificHost.

And I wanted to give you my deepest apologies for this mistake, the link was a copy/paste failure, as I didn't mean to link you to the form, the form that you should of filled out was: ip-request.shtml to get your extra IPs what happened when the server migration happened is that your IPs were not assigned to your VPS after the migration, when you requested to get those IPs on your VPS, we were out of IPs on your server, so I needed to get permission to those IPs for you. Once again my deepest apologies for that mistake, Please contact me at keith(at)pacifichost(dot)com and I was see what else I can do about your refund.

Regards,
    Keith Miller.
    Last edited by KeithM1989; 06-12-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithGS View Post
    Hello Natali,

This is Keith Miller from PacificHost.

And I wanted to give you my deepest apologies for this mistake, the link was a copy/paste failure, as I didn't mean to link you to the form, the form that you should of filled out was: ip-request.shtml to get your extra IPs what happened when the server migration happened is that your IPs were not assigned to your VPS after the migration, when you requested to get those IPs on your VPS, we were out of IPs on your server, so I needed to get permission to those IPs for you. Once again my deepest apologies for that mistake, Please contact me at keith(at)pacifichost(dot)com and I was see what else I can do about your refund.

Regards,
    Keith Miller.
    Quoted for posterity. The power of WHT to keep hosts honest.

Well,

think its good that Natali been patient before making a post here, giving the support team ample time to shake up a bit.

And good for the hosting provider who respond on public post on WHT.

hope you guys settle it out soon.

I hope everything works out, Keith seems to made a mistake and is willing to correct and fix his mistake, please keep us updated @OP.

I would like to hear the final, and ending of this problem/issue.

Best of luck to both parties.
    I do believe it was just a misunderstanding and was handled incorrectly and they admitted that and as you can see from his reply here he's willing to help you, good luck and keep us updated

Angry What they mean by shortly...

Well, unfortunately, it's been exactly one month since I received this, nothing has happened since:

Hi,

Just wanted you to know, I got your email, and this will be dealt with shortly.

--
    Keith Miller
    Customer Service
    twitter: @pacifichost
    [email protected]

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Natali Mendoza <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I simply want a refund of the two last invoices, when all the problem happened and we didn't have our IPs.

--
    Regards,

Natali

In my book, this is a waste of our time and as unresponsive and meaningless "customer service" as you can get.

I thought I would share with you my Pacific Host nightmare. Their customer service is hard to describe. But in the end I lost my my 130 bucks over this start of new site. Just cause they could not transfer the files from the old one. Well that is not really true one of them did do something that got the account erased by the amdins cause it was taking to much server... All of this post is without me ever seeing the site and I really failed when I got Pay Pal to back me to get my money back. That gave them the excuse to not even pay at all for no services whats so ever. Pacific Hostings stay far far away from them.

Well I can post the link just do search "Pacific Host Pay Pal Final Fantasy Radio", I tried hard to put a post that people will see when the look for these guys.

Wow, that is a long time for a simple fix and reply. I hope in the meantime you have moved on to a new host that will take care of you. I'm not sure why this has played out like it has but you have to take care of yourself and your sites, move... Then good luck on that refund which doesnt look like it is working out.

I feel your pain and I am an affiliate of PacificHost (or should I say I was). After today I realized exactly how bad their customer support is. (Will be changing my review) and not recommending them. Here is my story with them:

Basically Jan of 2011 was an affiliate with them. Told me they were going to pay me 125 a sale like most hosting companies do. Made a couple sales and they came in as 35. Get this emailed them and they told me it was cron job problem. Next ones will be what they originally told me. Of course, they had me proved that's what was really told to me, which thankfully I save every email I get.

Every month, the price dropped down to 35 again. I had to email them and wait 3-5 days for changes. Again made another sale and once again came in as 35. Told me it was a cron job issue and they can't edit them. I told them I was being punished for their problem. Once again, another sale. Guess what 35 again not the 125 I was supposed to get.

Guess what the problem was? Please take a wild guess. Cron job issue. Now, the next sale will be 125. Again, same issue and they told me once again it would be 125 from now on. I no longer care about sales from PacificHost and their customer service is a joke. Why would I keep making the same mistakes with them and expecting a different outcome?

Oh but it feels so good to finally say I done with them. PacificHost sucks!

There is nothing more I have to say to them and will be spreading the word on them. It is sad how BAD their customer service is. 8 months of crap from PaficHost is enough for me. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
    Best Web Hosting Service- Hosting Reviews
    Website Traffic Scams - Keep Your Money!

Quote Originally Posted by deaddogdesgin View Post
    I feel your pain and I am an affiliate of PacificHost (or should I say I was). After today I realized exactly how bad their customer support is. (Will be changing my review) and not recommending them. Here is my story with them:

Basically Jan of 2011 was an affiliate with them. Told me they were going to pay me 125 a sale like most hosting companies do. Made a couple sales and they came in as 35. Get this emailed them and they told me it was cron job problem. Next ones will be what they originally told me. Of course, they had me proved that's what was really told to me, which thankfully I save every email I get.

Every month, the price dropped down to 35 again. I had to email them and wait 3-5 days for changes. Again made another sale and once again came in as 35. Told me it was a cron job issue and they can't edit them. I told them I was being punished for their problem. Once again, another sale. Guess what 35 again not the 125 I was supposed to get.

Guess what the problem was? Please take a wild guess. Cron job issue. Now, the next sale will be 125. Again, same issue and they told me once again it would be 125 from now on. I no longer care about sales from PacificHost and their customer service is a joke. Why would I keep making the same mistakes with them and expecting a different outcome?

Oh but it feels so good to finally say I done with them. PacificHost sucks!

There is nothing more I have to say to them and will be spreading the word on them. It is sad how BAD their customer service is. 8 months of crap from PaficHost is enough for me. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
    Ah I feel for you, cron job errors should certainly be fixed within 24 hours max (or next time it runs)! It's basic/key elements to the billing scripts! I hope you do get a refund in the near future as well as the OP who has lost out a fair amount.
    Rishi - GenVPS.com - sales[at]genvps.com
    Managed VPS Solutions with 24x7 Support
    Follow us on Twitter @GenVPS

Hello,

Yes we had an issue with our affiliate program but it by no means is a recollection of the service we provide. The issue related to a cron job that was resetting everybody commission level every month, however that issue was resolved over a month ago. Please give me your affiliate username and I will check this for you and make sure it is setup correctly. IdevAffiliate does not let us modify the existing commissions although I'll look into what I can do for you.
    Cody McLain
    Founder of PacificHost / AptHost