Mercaway continues to fraud / scam Merchants - PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone,

I came across this forum googling the web for fraud complaints on MERCAWAY. Unfortunately, they seem to have scammed more than one merchant or customer.

We used Mercaway for our business as they promised to provide excellent payback service and reasonable fees.

We stopped using the Mercaway gateway mid of 2010. Since then, Mercaway owes a large sum that they don't want to pay us.

Basically, they have collected money for sales of our products paid via their payment gateway. We have invoices and written confirmation from Mercaway admitting at some point that they owe us the respective amount. They then kept on promising (again in written form) that we would get paid and then they played dead by no longer answering our calls and emails. This mockery has now been going on for 9 months !!!

In short, we are taking Mercaway to court very promptly.

We need your help to gather testimonies that could help us win this case.

Did any of you get screwed by Mercaway or Creaway (previous name of Mercaway)? Merchant or Commerce. We are interested in both situations and we need your testimony.

Because of Mercaway, we had to prematurely stop sales through our website as we couldn't pay our providers and transport fees. We run a very small business and Mercaway stealing a large bunch of our revenue had a strong negative effective effect on our business.
    We really need to get our money back from Mercaway so we can pay our partners and creditors. We do not intend, like Mercaway is currently doing withus, to play dead and commit fraud.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jay

In France?

Yes indeed.

I understand from other complaints i found on various sites that Mercaway easily plays dead with foreign customers as there is little chance these customers hire a lawyer in France and sue them.

We are in France so they won't be able to get away with their fraudulent act this time.

The French court will look at other testimonies with a lost of interest even if these testimonies come from outside of France.

Mercaway

How can people still fall for Mercaway / Creaway as they have been doing exactly this since 2002/2003?

I just dont get it.

A simple Google search would reveal many disgruntled customers and I have first hand experience with this company back in the day.

I cant remember the guys name but I can look it up and I believe its the same guy you have been in contact with.

We see these stories over and over and we have seen the same type of posts here in this, and other forums, starting exactly as "I came across this forum when I....."

Why not make a due-diligence FIRST before working with a company that will basically handle all your money?

I truly hope that you resolve the situation and get your money back and my post is nothing against you personally or your problem but I simply dont get it why people dont do a better research first?

A simple Google search would raise a big red flag on Mercaway / Creaway.
    Failsafe Payments - New Website & New Products Launched

CertoConnect (Alternative Payments) - Free Until July 2012

I believe the guys name was Jonathan Malka or something like that. Could act under a different name now though.
    Failsafe Payments - New Website & New Products Launched

CertoConnect (Alternative Payments) - Free Until July 2012

yes that's him. He is the Managing Director and will have to answer for his conduct.

Mercaway : I have exactly the same problem

Mercaway : I have exactly the same problem with them in France as a company. They owe us 6 months of collected money. For weeks, they don't answer clearly to mail and hide them behind a call center so we cannot have precise explanations...And when we have really insisted to get our money, they decided to suspend immediately our account and they claim that their bank partner obliged them to close it because our activity was declining ! In just one day without any warning, we had no more card payment system on our webshop and Mercaway claims keeping 6 months of our sales in guarantee during 90 days following the closing of our account.

Quote Originally Posted by khameron View Post
    Hi everyone,

I came across this forum googling the web for fraud complaints on MERCAWAY. Unfortunately, they seem to have scammed more than one merchant or customer.

We used Mercaway for our business as they promised to provide excellent payback service and reasonable fees.

We stopped using the Mercaway gateway mid of 2010. Since then, Mercaway owes a large sum that they don't want to pay us.

Basically, they have collected money for sales of our products paid via their payment gateway. We have invoices and written confirmation from Mercaway admitting at some point that they owe us the respective amount. They then kept on promising (again in written form) that we would get paid and then they played dead by no longer answering our calls and emails. This mockery has now been going on for 9 months !!!

We need your help to gather testimonies that could help us win this case.

Did any of you get screwed by Mercaway or Creaway (previous name of Mercaway)? Merchant or Commerce. We are interested in both situations and we need your testimony.

Because of Mercaway, we had to prematurely stop sales through our website as we couldn't pay our providers and transport fees. We run a very small business and Mercaway stealing a large bunch of our revenue had a strong negative effective effect on our business.
    We really need to get our money back from Mercaway so we can pay our partners and creditors. We do not intend, like Mercaway is currently doing withus, to play dead and commit fraud.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jay

Hey JeanG, how can i get in touch with you?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Failsafe Payments View Post
    How can people still fall for Mercaway / Creaway as they have been doing exactly this since 2002/2003?

Why not make a due-diligence FIRST before working with a company that will basically handle all your money?
    ..... I simply dont get it why people dont do a better research first?

A simple Google search would raise a big red flag on Mercaway / Creaway.
    After meeting someone face-to-face, one tends to trust a person more easily. Too easily in my case, you're right.
    Let's not forget however that the real problem is not the excessive amount of trust people may lend to others. The real problem is the abuse these individuals make of the trust they're given.

That being said, this is the last time i'll do business with a company or an individual without first checking their credentials on the web. Once bitten...twice shy

They aren't even on the pay per clicks for their company name so I bet you could get on Adwords and Bing really cheap and be the first listing. Make a page with a form for people to leave their testimonies. "Were you scammed by Mercaway?" might be the title for the ad.
    Niles Bentley
    High risk merchant consultant
    Skype merchantservicetoday3

That's a very good suggestion !!! I would most certainly hear from a lot of people.

Hey,

Yeah use mercaway scam and every other combination. Since nobody is bidding on them you should get them for 5-10 cents per click-through.
    Niles Bentley
    High risk merchant consultant
    Skype merchantservicetoday3

mercaway fraud

any luck in fighting with mercaway? they owe us for a year too..

...still ongoing. They might think that we'll let it go or compromise.
    They're dead wrong. We are taking the matter to court very shortly as i haven't received any refund of our money until today. They were given a chance to fix things up and reimburse our funds but they continue to drag it all around hoping for us to get tired, give and/or compromise. Not a chance! We also received quite a few emails/testimonies of people in a similar situation to ours who are very willing to testify in court.
    Last edited by khameron; 09-07-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Today we received a wire transfer from Mercaway on our bank account.

So, they're actually not scam, but be aware of Mercaway Chapter 14 in Shop T&C, their termination dates and commisions are HUGE!

We lost 180 days and approx. 1000 USD on account closure...
    So, better choose another CC payment processor for your business!

Here's a proof:

Mercaway 17/01/12 19:46 Full sand final settlement
    Dear shop,

Please find below the details of your full and final settlement.

Payout the due periods
    ------------------------------------
    09/06/11-15/06/11 : 1035.01 USD
    16/06/11-22/06/11 : 639.92 USD
    15/12/11-21/12/11 : 105.13 USD

Pending balance : 1833.06 USD

Management fee
    -------------------------
    According to the article 14. Termination of our Purchasing Terms and Conditions, minimum daily management fee of 2.50 € exc. VAT has been applied during the next 180 days following your last order.

Management fee is 2.50 x 180 = 450.00 € ex. VAT (587.26 USD exc. VAT)

Termination fee
    -------------------------
    According to the article 14. Termination of our Purchasing Terms and Conditions, termination fee is invoiced 300.00 € exc. VAT (391.51 USD exc. VAT) for foreign companies.

Full and final settlement
    ---------------------------------------
    The amount of 853.29 USD (1833.06 - 587.26 - 391.51) will be transferred on the 18/01/2012 into your bank account no. 104007257006.

We remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mercaway Support
    Email : [email protected]
    Twitter : @mercaway
    Last edited by abs0lut3; 02-16-2012 at 06:50 AM.