Thread: Rules Change

Rules Change

Greetings,

Can an administrator please add the following rule to the rules page:

Suggesting to a user to view the offers forum while you have an offer less than 7 days currently running in that specific section, is self-advertising and not permitted.
    I have been made clear on previous alerts to myself that this is in fact a rule, but it is not clearly stated on the rules page, and some users doubt me that this is in fact an enforced rule.

For more clarification:

If you post an advertisement in the dedicated server offers where it is less than 7 days old, and then you recommend to a person looking for dedicated servers to check out the offers section, it is a violation of the self-advertising rule.

Thank you.
    Last edited by nel$on; 06-09-2011 at 03:51 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think its self advertising if you are not telling a user to "pick me" and simply suggesting them to review the offer section..

The offer section is the offer section... Doesn't make logical sense that it would be considered self advertising.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    I don't think its self advertising if you are not telling a user to "pick me" and simply suggesting them to review the offer section..

The offer section is the offer section... Doesn't make logical sense that it would be considered self advertising.
    It doesn't matter if it is logical or not. It is an enforced rule which was acted upon by the WHT staff in previous matters. It needs to be either added, or an administrator needs to verify that the rule was removed.
      0 Not allowed!

Zach, If you have an issue with moderation, I'd suggest you take it to the helpdesk. What you are stating isn't exactly what happened or is happening or is about to happen. You seem a little confused. So taking it up with staff so they can explain it to you clearer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/thread
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!