MDDHosting Review

I hope this will not be considered cross-posting as it is a summary of my last reply to a topic I started a while ago when I was looking for a new host. MDDHosting was suggested by many people in here, and I feel they deserve a full review in its own topic rather than a reply buried at the bottom of a discussion.

So I switched from IX Web Hosting to MDDHosting. I will not comment unnecessarily on the former, but the latter has me very impressed so far.

This is obviously a rather early review for I have only been up and running on a MDD server for about 9 days. But so far, it has been perfect. 100% up time - which is not to say it will remain that high, but it's encouraging. My site is also overall faster and more responsive. (I have reinstalled Cloudflare as before to be able to compare only the server difference.)

Support has responded quasi-instantly and efficiently to my many annoying questions, and Michael seems to indeed run quite a tight ship! I wonder if he ever sleeps?

To balance my review with some hard facts, the server I am now on had a serious issue while I was waiting for my old DNS to propagate. The file system got corrupted badly and the guys at MDD had to revert to a full back-up taken the night before. So all and all, the server was down for a few hours, three to five, I forget. But Michael was personally on it (on a long week-end day, I'm sure he had better things to do!) and kept posting regular reports of the progress, letting everyone know how much data remained to be copied. He was open about the crisis and gave direct answers.

I was never affected since my site was still being served by my old host, but it was an educating and reassuring experience; if it's mechanical, it can break, no matter how good the host. It's good to know that things will be handled well if/when it does.

So there we go. I'm very happy with MDD thus far. I will try and post a more thorough review in a few months with better insight and more data to compare.

Vince

Thanks for the nice review.
    I also switched to MDD recently and was planning to write a review too.

Nice to hear that you are happy with them,
    Im looking forward for the next review, and please report your review here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7498942 so WHT can verify it.

Great Review. Seems like MDDHosting is doing a good job. Keep it up MDD.

Great review.I'm glad you're happy with them

Glad to see MDD's keeping up with its reputation!

Vince,

Glad to hear the review. MDD is good people for sure

It was down for around 3 hours due to a Raid failure. But it was handled very efficiently with literally minute by minute updates.

The only way you ever find out how good a provider is, is when something goes wrong. I've seen numerous companies over the years who've built up a good reputation, they've been "flavour of the month" with a substantial following of enthusiastic clients.

But when their back has been up against the wall they've fallen apart....simply because they didn't have the systems in place to deal with it.

But MDD did....so even though it would obviously have been better not to have had the Raid failure, things were in place to deal with it. So it's reassuring to know that they can still deliver when something unexpected arises.

Nice Review on MDDHosting, I think they are doing excellent

Can someone explain to me what routeandport meant about reporting the review so that WHT can verify it, I am a little lost...

Always nice to see good reviews. Definitely not the first good review for MDDHosting. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Vince View Post
    Can someone explain to me what routeandport meant about reporting the review so that WHT can verify it, I am a little lost...
    Simply provide a domain name that is hosted by MDD, so that the mods can verify that you are indeed a client of theirs.

Thanks for the review!

Great review! Glad to see MDD is doing well

Great work Mike

Thank you, Hostleet, I just did.

Not to be nosy but is this the site you have hosted with them?
    http://www.vincentmounier.com/

That is an impressive site, I happened to see it in your profile.

Yes it is, glad you like it, Amy-T!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-T View Post
    Not to be nosy but is this the site you have hosted with them?
    http://www.vincentmounier.com/

That is an impressive site, I happened to see it in your profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Vince View Post
    Yes it is, glad you like it, Amy-T!
    Agreed!

I just spent the last 20 mins looking at your photos, really good stuff you got there!

Great review - very refreshing to read great reviews for a change. Kudos to MDD Hosting.

Wow incredible photos.

For the record I just took a shot of my drivers license.
    Uploaded it then saw those photos, mine are that bad I am expecting them not to be accepted.

Yours on the other hand are out of this world

Thanks again Hostleet - and I have just spent the last 20 mins knocking on wood, hoping that good old Murphy won't come and interfere with said good review... All this genuine enthusiasm for MDD is giving me goose bumps. Don't they say the light at the end of the tunnel might just be that of an approaching train?