$50 East Coast Dedi

Okay that's my budget $50 and I am an ex-customer of Volumedrive which proved to be a very sad experience at the end. I had the following server with them priced $40,

-> AMD Dual Core Opteron
    -> 4GB Ram
    -> 120GB Sata
    -> 100mbps at 6TB Bandwidth

Something similar in my budget would be great and I'm looking for some stable company as I can't afford downtime's.

Well if you cant afford Downtime: Pay more.

Simple.

The only one comparable to VD is DataShack, although I've never been with them so I can't comment on their service but price wise it seems similar. Check out dedicated server offers, they list their specials almost every day. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post

Simple.
    That is a fair price and I had no downtimes with Volumedrive, good network times and fair hardware doesn't cost anything after a first setup.

http://www.nocster.net/sale.shtml

$69.95 for something similar. That's about as close as you'll get with a quality provider.

Bit high priced, something at East Coast would be good.

I liked Datashack but its kind of Central USA ( Kansas City ).

Are you looking for a fully managed server or unmanaged?
    M3Server - Celebrating 20 years of hosting
    Fully Managed Shared, Virtual & Dedicated Servers
    Chris Stach - chris@m3server.com
    http://www.m3server.com

You really need to reconsider your budget. Otherwise, good luck on your search. A good quality data center costs more for power and tier 1 bandwidth than you're willing to pay.
    ~ Webair Managed Cloud Servers ~Enterprise Class VPS ~ Advanced CDN Network ~ Server Genius Support™ ~
    ~ Custom Complex / Managed Hosting Pros ~ ICANN Accredited Registrar ~ Multiple Data Center Locations! ~
    ~
    ICQ: 489798823 - AIM: WebairMetz - - EMAIL: SALES@WEBAIR.COM

you can get something for that price. normally the dedi offering section has offers that suit such needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AsadMoeen View Post
    That is a fair price and I had no downtimes with Volumedrive, good network times and fair hardware doesn't cost anything after a first setup.
    Hardware is cheap, people are expensive.

All hardware eventually fails -- if you want an army of techs available to deal with that hardware failure in a timely manner, the host has to price the server at a rate that allows for the tech payroll to be covered.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

I really think you need to reconnoiter your budget or you will have more "very sad experiences"

Only one I have in mind is Joes datacenter http://www.joesdatacenter.com/Dedicated_Servers.html

I am unsure about them tho. Some people here seem to be happy with them.

Burst is probably your best bet but you would need to raise your budget up about $20-$30.

Servers on the East Coast are significantly more expensive. One of the main reasons behind this is that the electrical cost is pretty high here. I have done some quick searching at data centers around here, and the best I've found for $50 is a Pentium 4.
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Quote Originally Posted by AsadMoeen View Post
    Bit high priced, something at East Coast would be good.

I liked Datashack but its kind of Central USA ( Kansas City ).
    Good luck finding a cheaper price on the east coast. It would be cheaper to buy a house and put a server in it .
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post

Simple.
    Agree but I guess he is aware of it already.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Try Joe's? Though you have to ask if you can buy allowance in blocks of TBs as it only comes with 2TB at base price.

Maybe you should go with a VPS instead? What exactly are you using the server for that you can't afford to pay for decent hosting?

Go look at Joe's datacenter. Been with them for a while now. While the initial going was rough due to my dedi having to be reinstalled I believe four times due to the tech not understanding how to setup software raid 1 properly, and their recent power outages, the stability has been great. Haven't had a single problem that they haven't dealt with promptly and on my own time frame.

A quick refresher for those who are suggesting Joe's / Datashack / Wholesale Internet -- they're located in Kansas City, Missouri.

A whole bunch of polar ice needs to melt for that to become the east coast of North America.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails geography.png  
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco View Post
    A whole bunch of polar ice needs to melt for that to become the east coast of North America.
    *chuckles*

From memory, the dual core Opteron Volumedrive sells was pretty low end anyway. It was a very old CPU. Maybe use an Atom from Interserver or HoneLive? You won't get 4gb RAM, but 2gb should still be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco View Post
    A quick refresher for those who are suggesting Joe's / Datashack / Wholesale Internet -- they're located in Kansas City, Missouri.

Love this post lol. I would still say burst is your best bet for your price range if you dont want volumedrive.

maybe get a good spec vps for that price ?