* Some doubts about website maintenance

Hello all,

I have a new website and I will soon require someone to take care of the once- in- two- month updates and also the maintenance part of the site.

At the same time I would like to know from experienced members on this forum as to how safe or reliable is it to take services from online? Aren't we putting the security of the site and content at risk?

How reliable or risk prone can this entire subject be?

Can anyone recommend some professional but not expensive designer for the same?

I am a bit at sea so any clarifications will be helpful.

I don't think security is a really huge risk "If", you talk to the person first and make sure you have contact information for them. Spammers, Phishers and scammers have a tendency to give fake info such as email. If you cannot contact them stay away.
    The other thing it's prudent to do is change your password after the work is complete. This way its not going to get passed around in case your designer is not careful with his own information.
    Your concerns are valid but if you use a certain amount of common sense you should be fine. "Add a little Magick to your Website"

Maybe you can ask people you personally know if they can recommend someone the trust to work with you.

I agree with what Musicman said. Make sure you have all his contact information and that you're not dealing with a fake person. Look for his/her portfolio and everything which you think you need to make sure you're dealing with the right person.

Before handing over the responsibility, you should cautiously check all the details of the person who will be responsible for maintaining your website.

thanks to all for your feedback.