hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : What are the sales and technical questions customer will ask for a share hosting

Forum Jump

What are the sales and technical questions customer will ask for a share hosting

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 AM

What are the sales and technical questions customer will ask for a share hosting

Hi Everyone,

I am very interested to run a webhosting business, i am looking at hostgator reseller hosting.

I am currently running a small business at home, meaning i will be able to provide support 7 days per week but not 24 hour.

I will provide free trial for my customer to test up the service first before they commit.

Now i will like to know what are the common sales/technical question they will ask through phone or live chat ?

I hope you all will help me in this. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Disabled

Common Sales related questions would be about the prices and the packages information, Technical questions would be more about web hosting, cpanel related, servers related etc.

I will you all the best for your new business.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Thanks Henry wilson, i will gather as much info as possible.

As a owner of this business, i will like to learn and give support as i do not want to outsource the support.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Customers will usually ask questions about the package and other stuff. Some of the common questions that potential customers ask us are:
1. Where is the server located ?
2. What do you mean by x ?
3. Does cPanel have softaculous/fantastico/RVSiteBuilder/etc installed ?
4. Do you perform backups ? If so how often ?
5. Can I host x type of websites ?
6. Can I get additional IPs ? price ?
7. In which datacenter is the server ?
8. Can I get SSH access ?
9. Do you have money back guarantee ?
10. Do you have any ongoing promotions ?

Those are all I can think of now. But customers can get really creative and will ask you various types of questions. You should be ready for anything.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks Sajib-hostx10 .

I will note down and find out first, and be prepare. I more worry about phone calls.

If live chat, i still can ask hostgator live chat support then reply to the customer.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 PM
WHT Addict

Hello,

I suggest you to put the support question only through ticket, if you still new and don't know alot, you will be facing problem with all kind of technical question later.
As for sales question, usually they will ask about the server location, the guarantee, the package details,etc

So be prepared, do the homework before opening the door.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 PM

Thank routeandport, i will do the homework first.

I am not a computer science grad, but i start my small business also not related to what i learn as i am a electrical student. Nothing to shout about.

But i just have a dream, to run a webhosting business. starting with reseller, even i just break even or not making money but not over selling like unlimited disk space or empty promise like unlimited disk space etc.

Hope more of you will give your advise. Thank you

Last edited by 1tigerboy; 06-08-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:32 PM

my business plan will be not overselling but free triad (no need credit card info) for customer for 1 domain at 100mb to 500mb to try out and to ask question. Ask as much as you like, this will improve me .

Every question will be answer asap + 2 laptop with loud speaker to wake me up to give support. I know it is not easy, but i must try my very best.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:37 PM
WHT Addict

Its good to have that great spirit,
Anyway, if you order HostGator Reseller package, remember to grab this book https://secure.hostgator.com/web-hosting-book/

Its very useful for starter

Old 06-08-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by routeandport View Post
Its good to have that great spirit,
Anyway, if you order HostGator Reseller package, remember to grab this book https://secure.hostgator.com/web-hosting-book/

Its very useful for starter
Noted with thanks

Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tigerboy View Post
Noted with thanks
Welcome
There's no easy/quick money, hardworking and patience will bring you to success.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

It's good to know about the dedication that you're having towards your business, it's also good to know that you're against overselling. Customers also ask if you're going to help for installation of 3rd party software applications.

Tailor made hosting support plans

Old 06-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsupport View Post
It's good to know about the dedication that you're having towards your business, it's also good to know that you're against overselling. Customers also ask if you're going to help for installation of 3rd party software applications.
I am interested in what the 'normal' response to this is? being that as a web developer that has started reselling hosting (but not yet had that question),as part of my web development business would be to charge for installation of 3rd party packages, although the request for installation often comes with a request for configuration and customisation etc.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaeus View Post
I am interested in what the 'normal' response to this is? being that as a web developer that has started reselling hosting (but not yet had that question),as part of my web development business would be to charge for installation of 3rd party packages, although the request for installation often comes with a request for configuration and customisation etc.
Third party software also need to help the customer install ? I think i will not provide this service unless i am confident with the software itself.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:55 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tigerboy View Post
Third party software also need to help the customer install ? I think i will not provide this service unless i am confident with the software itself.
You should not be scared NOT to offer a certain service. If you are not sure enough to help customers do script installs, just plainly state it, this will save you and your customers a lot of headache