user customizable pages

I was wondering if anyone has an idea about the easiest way to make a website that is customizable for users. things like choosing default's settings for search engines, mail services, and possibly being able to choose themes like skins for their background.

Thanks
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

I would say the easiest way is to use content management software, such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. While Wordpress is the most "noob" friendly, the other two are more customizable. If you have your own website templates, they can be made into themes for this software (there are posts in this forum on how to do it).
    This Geeks Blog Site | | Need moral support? Got it HERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Junk View Post
    I would say the easiest way is to use content management software, such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. While Wordpress is the most "noob" friendly, the other two are more customizable. If you have your own website templates, they can be made into themes for this software (there are posts in this forum on how to do it).
    Yes the client had a background that he wanted to for the landing page. This can used with Wordpress, Joomla, And Drupla?

Thanks for the reply.
    IwebNews.net

If it is a page, then yes for sure. Just a background picture, I'm not as sure, but give it a 90-95%.

Here is a couple links for it:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Integrati...h_Your_Website

http://max.limpag.com/article/how-to...rdpress-theme/

Cool Thanks,

Yes it's a page as I took his picture, set it in a webpage with a background color.

I went ahead and loaded wordpress on the server, now all I have to do is figure out what to do next lol. I can write HTML all day long and have found Wordpress, Joomla and such harder to use than just writing a website out in notepad. for what this client wants, it's just not an option.

I'll check out the links, Thanks again for the help.

Peace
    IwebNews.net

If it is just a picture of him, then you can probably crop it a little bit and add it to his site as the header. Also, you can look through the plugins and find a slideshow plugin, and put a few of his pics right on the page. It's pretty neat what you can do with CMS.

Better to go for wordpress content management system which would be very customizable for users.

The Picture is actually just a png image he wanted centered on the page so have it set correctly in the html already hopefully will be a plus.

Thanks for the reply Henry.

The first problem I had ran into was the fact that he wants multiple search engine options which need to be generated within the one page. The second was setting up a log in system for users to set up accounts. I write html but have to find help with phpmysql and wordpress would most likely be the easy answer.

Thanks again Guys
    IwebNews.net