Best social network web hosting company's

Hey, I have been working on a new social networking site using Joomla! and Jomsocial and it's about ready to go live. As I'm new to this Can anyone please recommend any good hosting company's for me?

My website is based around members uploading photos so the hosting company must be able to accommodate this and I need to be able to expand if needed, also prise, as always is a factor :-)

I've been looking at Rackspace, Liquid web, Media template and storm on demand..... Can you recommend any?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ben

Depending on how rapidly you are planning to grow is the issue, usually with the use of "Social Networking" I normally wouldn't recommend - Shared Hosting, however it can work for the short term without any real dramas or should be a hassle for low level traffic and uploads.

Once your network starts to expand then you are surely going to see some issues arise within a shared environment, so in any case you'd be advised to upgrade to a more predominant system such as a VPS.

Do you mind if I ask, this will be new without any members correct?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Hi, Yes the website will have zero members on start up, but the site will be free to join so hope to get a member base quite fast... fingers crossed

I'm not the most technical minded person so my plan was to find a good provider and stay with them whilst the website expands.

I've been looking into cloud Hosting as they seem to be good... Would you recommend cloud hosting or more conventional means?

Thanks,
    Last edited by jammin138; 06-07-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling :-)

Well for the time being, I suppose it would be more economical on a Shared Environment till you had the feel of it all and then scale as required. The only real issues I see are the actual scripts processing each request as you grow, that might be a concern to where and what direction be suitable.

Do you mind if I ask how you plan to "Budget" your growth?

In regards to Cloud or the Generic way of Hosting, well it will all depend - Personally you won't need all that white fluffy stuff as it might lead you open to wider security issues but then again it's a great and more convenient way to spread your controls, economical maybe not so much but still a good option to consider but at the end of the day it is entirely up to you what path you take on that one.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Cloud VPS Server or Dedicated Server is best for social networking community type sites. You can always start with a Shared/Semi-dedicated account and then upgrade to VPS >> Cloud VPS Server or Dedicated Server if you want to though. Just means there will be some downtime when it comes to upgrading and reconfiguring scripts, etc.

Yeah I do have a friend who has offered to put me on his server but I was/ am keen to put it in a more dedicated location. As a far as Budgeting my growth goes, well It all really depends on how fast the website grows - hopefully fast :-)

Unforchantly, I'm in the position that I need lots of members so I can expand into my other "design staged" to make the real "bread and butter" but at the same time supporting it with limited money avenues until I'm at that stage!

Have you any knowledge of Rackspace, Liquid web, Media template and storm on demand or any other provider?

Regards,

@HostXNow: Thank you, I will take a look now! :-)

No problem Jammin138. =)

All the best to you with your new project.

I suppose that is worth to be present on the Social network as that could be considered as additional support channel.