Thumbs down Ezpz - some answers please!

I have recently signed up to EZPZ and I made the final decision based on the good feedback provided here and on the initial speed test I did.

Overall for value for money, customer service and reliability I was extremely impressed.

Ever since I moved over (I am on US6 server) I have had nothing but downtime, endless customer complaints and on some occasions customers demanding refunds.

The customer service has been great. It is refreshing to speak to support operators that understand what they are talking about and dan has been fantastic.

I have now ENDLESSLY day after day complaint about the incredible slow speeds on US6.

I have been told that R1 soft backups are causing the issue.

It is so slow that for at least 40 minutes (maybe more) my customers cannot even access their website, log into my whmcs client area nor can I log into WHMCS.

I have reported the issue time and time and time again.

I have escalated my call and I just don't seem to be getting anywhere.

My question is: Is it really acceptable that customers are not able to access their site (and in peak hours for my customers)?

I just don't know what to do right now. I am losing more customers than i am gaining because these issues have been happening for the last 4 weeks on a DAILY basis.

I wonder why customer self restore options are seen as more important than customer's being able to access their sites?

Dan / EZPZ - I still have faith - but for the love of god, PLEASE PROVIDE AN IMMEDIATE SOLUTION TO THIS ONGOING ISSUE.

They have been having trouble with US6 server for quite some time now. But Daniel has always said you can request your account to be moved onto a better server. Have you asked for your account to be moved onto a better server?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

i haven't yet because im afraid that i just did the change over from justhost over to dan.

when i moved over to us6 - i had customers that were running shopping carts and they effectively lost at least 1 day of data between the transition time.

I am just scared it will happen again and i really don't want any more complaints.

If US6 has been trouble for such a long time, why bother putting new customers on there? Just doesn't make sense.

I really love the customer service they provide - but its getting to a point where i am getting stressed and frustrated because my own customers are abusing me

I am putting it down to bad experience also.

I still have faith in the company.

Its very rare to find such fantastic customer service with people that can actually speak english - i just hope that it is resolved.

I have put in a support ticket and dan will be moving me to a better server.

The only concern I now have is I have several ecommerce customers - and I hope they don't experience any data loss during the transition period.

I would best describe my experience so far as Razor blades wrapped in candy.

I will report back and advise on how everything goes.

As it stands I have spent most of the night replying back to support tickets back and forth with people complaining, demanding refunds or threatening to hurt me lol

I went from justhost to ezpz - perhaps 3 times the charm and moving to a new ezpz server may bring me all the luck

I hope I didn't sound obnoxious towards ezpz - it was intended that way - but i just want things to work.

Hi,

Unfortunately we have been having some issues with this server ranging from performance issues caused by R1Soft, hardware shutting down (which we put down to a DC tech bumping the power button) and this morning a spammer slowed the server to a crawl.

The blurb put out by R1Soft about it being a low resource usage way of backing up servers has been known to be false for some time so backups are performed during the night. If the server is in a different timezone it's possible you'lll see some performance issues while the backup runs.

We're going to be upgrading to CDP 3.0 later today to see if the new version works better.

Regards

Dan

Dan will be commencing my move to a new server shortly - so i will report back on how that goes.

As I said it wasnt a personal attack at the company - it has just been a frustrating transition from one nightmare (justhost) to a new nightmare (R1soft).

Dan - when you say some performance issues may be experienced depending on the time zone i am under - can you please clarify by what some perfomrance issues may be? ie, are you saying that it will be almost unnoticeable? or will my customers be having similar issues to what i experienced in US6? I am assuming US6 was just a freak show and the other servers you have would not have the same issues R1soft backup did on US6.

Thanks for your support so far Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto View Post
    when you say some performance issues may be experienced depending on the time zone i am under
    Depending on where the location of the server is and depending on what location a majority of the clients on said server are from can cause problems.

I.E:

If the server is based in the US and backups are due to run at midnight under that local US time zone, If your from say the UK you might notice a performance hit 7 hours earlyer to midnight due to the time zone differances of the server time and your local time.

I hope you understand this abit better now
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    We're going to be upgrading to CDP 3.0 later today to see if the new version works better.
    Yes! It works better! we love it ... it gives much more detailed information on each item, friendly interface and we are very happy with the general performance...
    Whitesystem.NET, LLC. root [at] whitesystem.net
    Pure SSD cPanel-based Cloud Shared, Reseller Hosting.
    LiteSpeedTruly low Populated Servers10 Years Hosting Experience
    Fast and Friendly multilingual (Spanish and English) Support www.whitesystem.net

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto View Post
    Dan will be commencing my move to a new server shortly - so i will report back on how that goes.

As I said it wasnt a personal attack at the company - it has just been a frustrating transition from one nightmare (justhost) to a new nightmare (R1soft).

Dan - when you say some performance issues may be experienced depending on the time zone i am under - can you please clarify by what some perfomrance issues may be? ie, are you saying that it will be almost unnoticeable? or will my customers be having similar issues to what i experienced in US6? I am assuming US6 was just a freak show and the other servers you have would not have the same issues R1soft backup did on US6.

Thanks for your support so far Dan.
    Sounds to me like you have had a streak of bad luck, just out of curiosity, where are you and most of your clients located? That might be part of the problem as providers generally run back-up at midnight (their time). So depending on where you are located, the back-ups might actually be running during your peak hours which is why you are having so many issues.

In any case, I hope your problems get resolved soon, please keep us posted!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

UPDATE: Overnight my services were moved to a new server.
    So far so good.

The team at ezpz kept in communication during the transition as i was stressing out.

they also kept my old account running to ensure there are no issues in the morning.

it is now 6:50pm in australia - yesterday at this time i would not have been able to access websites on my server.

and now ever since the move everything is FASTER than I could imagine.

thanks dan and the team for resolving my issue.

seems us6 down again

i also tired about critical issue on US6 since its been lot of issue in a few months
    better i pack up my bag to find a new host rather than yelling here because 'till now there's no significant change in us6, first was FSCK and then DNS problem and R1Soft issue and the new one is SPAM abuse from user that caused my entire site and client down for 5 hours and so what next ?

Dan is a good and seems advanced man in ezpz but he should pay more attention specially to US6 , if he dont want lose more his client

US6 hasn't been offline today. If you're having problems please submit a ticket and we can investigate, it's likely you're blocked in the firewall.

papamia: If you wish we can transfer your account to another server, please submit a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    Hi,

We just upgraded a clients Dedicated CDP2 to CDP 3.10 its allot faster

the next version has full cpanel integration which we'll too be upgrading to, 3.10 supports cpanel backup but until next version (this month) the client end cp restore is missing.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com