Litespeed on Clouds

How does litespeed work on clouds? What litespeed license should be purchased for use on a cloud?

If the cloud server has 2GB or less RAM allocated to it, you could use the VPS license. Otherwise, you'd need to go for the single CPU license at least.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    If the cloud server has 2GB or less RAM allocated to it, you could use the VPS license. Otherwise, you'd need to go for the single CPU license at least.
    Up to how much Ghz of CPU does a 1-CPU license cover?

A Cloud Account is just like A VPS account. You can easily get a Litespeed for VPS license
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Quote Originally Posted by jweeb View Post
    A Cloud Account is just like A VPS account. You can easily get a Litespeed for VPS license
    Do you think I am dumb? I know what the cloud is.

Which LiteSpeed Web Server license is for cloud servers that have more than 2GB RAM? LiteSpeed issues their licenses based on number of CPU cores. Cloud servers do not have pre-defined number of cores, rather they are simply based on GHz of processing power.

Which LiteSpeed Web Server license is for cloud servers that have more than 2GB RAM?

Did you try e-mailing or calling them? They are probably the best person to ask.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Purely View Post
    Did you try e-mailing or calling them? They are probably the best person to ask.
    No I haven't, their sales is closed Sundays. I figured I would see if anyone here knew first. Surely there must be a person with a cloud server using LiteSpeed right.. ?

http://store.litespeedtech.com/store/cart.php

If your Cloud based VPS has more than 2GB of RAM, then atleast 1 CPU license.

If your Cloud server, for example, was alloted 8GB of RAM and 4 CPU cores, then you could use up to the 4 CPU one. However, i'm pretty positive that even with 4 CPU cores on your VPS that you're not required to use the 4 CPU license.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    http://store.litespeedtech.com/store/cart.php

If your Cloud based VPS has more than 2GB of RAM, then atleast 1 CPU license.

If your Cloud server, for example, was alloted 8GB of RAM and 4 CPU cores, then you could use up to the 4 CPU one. However, i'm pretty positive that even with 4 CPU cores on your VPS that you're not required to use the 4 CPU license.
    The cloud I am working with does not assign cores. They assign GHz of processing power. I just posted that above!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Nelson View Post
    How does litespeed work on clouds? What litespeed license should be purchased for use on a cloud?
    I recommend getting at least a 1 CPU Litespeed license due to how the cloud works, If you need to automaticly upgrade that cloud hosting for a more surge in traffic your not going to have much room to move when their VPS License only allows 500 concurrent connections and limits you to 2GB Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    i'm pretty positive that even with 4 CPU cores on your VPS that you're not required to use the 4 CPU license.
    Correct, I know a number of people running the 2 CPU License on 8 core machines

The cloud I am working with does not assign cores. They assign GHz of processing power. I just posted that above!
    Litespeed doesnt limit you by GHz processing power but rather by the number of cores, Their VPS License limits you to 2GB Ram and 500 Concurrent connections.

This should be of interest for you: http://litespeedtech.com/support/wik...ense_to_choose

Anyhow their 1 CPU license would be best suited for you but their 2 CPU license would be better if you can afford that as thats when the LiteSpeed caching ability starts to work
    Last edited by Server Management; 06-05-2011 at 10:49 PM.

That's simply how they're differentiating the packages. In the end, whether they say they assign a number of cores or GHz, you'll still end up with a set number of cores. You just need to find out exactly how many cores you're assigned based on your package by asking your host.

Say you purchase x nodes/blocks from a cloud provider which totals 6 GHz of CPU processing power, it's most definitely not going to be 1 core, but rather split up into several cores.

Good marketing for the provider, but in actuality that is just a marketing term unfortunately. When you receive your server you will most definitely receive X number of cores. Depending on how the provider allocates them it will determine the licensing you need. I'm sure as you go up in resources/memory CPU allocations will also increase.

As others have said, if you would like to know this prior to purchasing you could ask your provider exactly how many cores they will give you as the "2.4GHz" game is arbitrary.

Litespeed works great on cloud machines and in some cases can really improve performance.

Just check how many cores you have on the cloud machine and license up accordingly.