hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Does anybody know if DMEHosting.com works on Sundays?

Forum Jump

Does anybody know if DMEHosting.com works on Sundays?

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 PM

Question

Does anybody know if DMEHosting.com works on Sundays?

I've just recently ordered a Budget Linux VPS from DMEHosting about 2 hours ago and I was wondering why it hasn't been set up yet. I do understand it's Sunday and the fact that not everyone works on Sunday. Anyways, does anyone know if DME Hosting works on Sundays because after seeing all these bad reviews and things, I'm a little concerned.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Web Hosting Master

Another one for DME. If you saw the bad reviews, what made you buy from them?

Old 06-05-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukscservers View Post
Another one for DME. If you saw the bad reviews, what made you buy from them?
Well you know, it's the same with all hosts, when people usually post, they usually post bad reviews about the host. People who are usually satisfied don't really bother posting. That happened to my old game server host, people would post bad things about them, but I tried it, and it wasn't bad at all. I was thinking the same about DME Hosting.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Web Hosting Master

I suppose you have a point its rare we see happy customers post reviews.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukscservers View Post
I suppose you have a point its rare we see happy customers post reviews.
Yeah. I always tend to find like only 2-5 happy customer reviews for like any host I do, and then followed by like 30 negative reviews.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Junior Guru

I couldn't agree more about the reviews. All i see is bad reviews really, Never see good ones to often. Anyways, I'm not sure if they work on Sundays. I have a vps in their Chicago location but haven't had much time to play around with it so i cant give a solid review on it lol.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott04 View Post
I couldn't agree more about the reviews. All i see is bad reviews really, Never see good ones to often. Anyways, I'm not sure if they work on Sundays. I have a vps in their Chicago location but haven't had much time to play around with it so i cant give a solid review on it lol.
How long did it take to get your VPS set up after you ordered it?

Old 06-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Premium Member

The thing to consider is that the amount of fraud orders/charge backs these days has gone through the roof which unfortunatley has lead many hosts to stop doing instant set ups and they/we want to verify every order in some shape or form.

So if you bought an unmanaged VPS on a sunday chances are it wont be activated until Monday.

We still offer instant setup but TBH it probably wont be for much longer when you consider that its at least $25 we get banged every time a fraud order gets through and charged back.

I red a little while ago about a guy that left the industry because he set up as a 1 man show and ended up with over 100 charge backs in 1 month.... do the maths, it may have been exaggerated but its not impossible.

-> WHITE LABEL XEN VPS RESELLER PLANS

Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtogeek View Post
The thing to consider is that the amount of fraud orders/charge backs these days has gone through the roof which unfortunatley has lead many hosts to stop doing instant set ups and they/we want to verify every order in some shape or form.

So if you bought an unmanaged VPS on a sunday chances are it wont be activated until Monday.

We still offer instant setup but TBH it probably wont be for much longer when you consider that its at least $25 we get banged every time a fraud order gets through and charged back.

I red a little while ago about a guy that left the industry because he set up as a 1 man show and ended up with over 100 charge backs in 1 month.... do the maths, it may have been exaggerated but its not impossible.
Thanks for the explanation and reassurance. I'll tell how it goes tomorrow when it gets set up.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:45 PM

Well I still don't really know if they actually do work on Sundays or not, but the VPS is up! Very happy right now, I'll see how it goes and I'll write my experience whether it'd be a good one or a bad one. Apparently it took a long time because I put in characters that was rejected by the automated VPS system. /facepalm to me.

PS: Lock Thread Please?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Web Hosting Master

Your ticket has already been replied to. You put in a long VPS name with some symbols that caused an error by the automated system. This was fixed by us renaming your VPS and it was delivered. Although it wasn't instantly delivered, it was only ~3 hours?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
Your ticket has already been replied to. You put in a long VPS name with some symbols that caused an error by the automated system. This was fixed by us renaming your VPS and it was delivered. Although it wasn't instantly delivered, it was only ~3 hours?
Yeah I don't really mind the long wait. Overall, good so far. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Token Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngkorDeNNiS View Post
Yeah I don't really mind the long wait. Overall, good so far. Thanks.
Long wait? 3 hours?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [CTI] Todd View Post
Long wait? 3 hours?
Are you saying that's generally short or long? Because that's actually pretty long to me considering it was only supposed to be 20 mins or so.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngkorDeNNiS View Post
Are you saying that's generally short or long? Because that's actually pretty long to me considering it was only supposed to be 20 mins or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
In all honesty, three hours is not a long wait at all. I would say anything under twenty-four hours is acceptable.

Contact us now for quotes and early deploys at Hello@DediCube.com!