Need IRC Allowed VPS!

Hi Friends,

Myself Krishnan From India and this is my 1st post and am really happy to post among the computer/internet/server gurus. Am looking for a VPS which allows IRC, i searched at Offers section and could not find anything that matches my criteria and the companies like turbovps.com does not allow IRC.

Am looking for :

1. 768 MB o 1 GB RAM.
    2. 75 GB to 150 GB HDD.
    3. 100 Mbps unmetered bandwidth.
    4. Can buy additional IP's and total required is 4 including the bundled IPs with the VPS.

location is not a problem, anywhere is OK.

Bcoz i would be running a small radio and 2-4 bots in DALNet, since these are non commerical, so the target price is around 30$ to 35$.

Pls help me out.

regards,
    Krishnan.
    Last edited by bskrishnan; 06-05-2011 at 12:51 PM.

hi,

by bots you mean eggdrop bots ? nope you're not going to find that easy even if you do your budget is a little low most providers forbid irc for a good reason that starts with a "D"

Hi,
    Yes it is Eggdrop only. Well the price is not a problem i just had a rough target thats all.

thanks a lot for ur fast reply as i did receive reply within 2 mins of my post.

regards,
    Krishnan.

There are (according to WHT lore) some hosts that allow for IRC. I am not sure who they are, but I would simply ask whatever host you are thinking of directly.

Some 'may' make an exception. Good luck chief.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

not even the ddos issue

$30 for 150gb hd, 100mbps unmetered? no.

edit: and 150gb plus radio? you're going to be uploading mp3s which is illegal?

Are you looking to host an IRC network or bots that connect to an IRC network?
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support Enterprise Grade Hardware Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

Hi quantumphysics,
    Nopes we will not upload any mp3s, we would just play online by using shoutcast since i have around 20 Djs so the radio would be running 24 hrs a day.

Hi purely,
    Bots that connect to an IRC Network.

regards,
    Krishnan.

Hi Krishnan,

i am sure in WHT section there are vps providers that offers a decent irc usage for as long as you are not doing warez or intensive bandwidth sharing over irc such as xdcc =).

Hi Cripperz,

Thank you for ur reply,

But the fact is i looked around in the forum by searching " IRC ALLOWED" and "IRC" and "IRC ALLOWED VPS", and found some results like nghosting,technihost,server4you etc., and also saw lot of advertisenments by TurboVPS ( But unfortunately nowadays they dont allow the same). Since the reviews are confusing that is the reason why am seeking the help on this forum so that i can get some valuable help, Since am going to run just a small shoutcast and 2-4 bots which are just time pass and am not going to get anything back from those, that is why i want to get a cheaper one, so i posted here.

regards,
    Krishnan.

Ah ic,

i do run shoutcast and radio for fun too. yes i must agree it is non profit and just a hobby i must say. =).

I guess what you are running is pretty decent and i am sure you already have a shoutcast server somewhere? Your bots are just relaying the broadcast in terms of irc announcements via TCL ?

Hi,
    nopes i install shoutcast in the VPS with 32 listeners and run them, and also i run the announcement bot and stats ( channel) stats and quotes bot, sorry for the typo it was nqhost and not nqhost.

regards,

Hi.

ic. 32 listeners dont consume that much bandwidth if your radio quality is set to 128 or 192k . Personally i do that on my home banwdith where it is currently running as a free shell server. Some of my free users do run shoutcast ...speaking from experience really.

And if its a start, i doubt you will max out that 32 listeners at all times. Maybe during your own peak hours only.

Hi,
    I had been trying for the past 2 weeks and not able to come to a conclusion of the same, i had shorlisted nqhosting and alienvps, so pls confirm which is the best to host.
    regards,
    Krishnan.