Serverloft terms vs sla

I am search around for a new dedicated server provider and serverloft looked ver promising. But obviously read some issus on WHT about service. I noticed a large discrepancy between their terms and conditions and other info on the website.

So section four says:
    serverloft makes no warranties or representations of any kind for the services being offered.

** The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied**

, including but not limited to warranties of title, noninfringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No advice or information given by serverloft or its agents or employees shall create a warranty. serverloft provides no warranty that the service will be uninterrupted or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible on the service is free from viruses or other harmful components.

**Under no circumstances shall serverloft be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the service, or for third parties' use of the service to access your Webspace**

, or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or your or any third parties' reliance on or use of information, services, or merchandise provided on or through the service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. If you are dissatisfied with serverloft service or any of its terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the service.
    You understand that by placing information on serverloft's servers that such information becomes available to all Internet users and that serverloft has no way of limiting or restricting access to such information or protecting such information from copyright infringement. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of serverloft's servers and the Internet. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services and other information, and the quality and merchantability of all merchandise provided through serverloft or on the Internet generally.

BUT there information on professional service says there is a SLA and including 4hr hardware replacement etc.

I wanted to know if serverloft had a response to this and if other people had taken serverloft up on this with regard to the service issues some people seem to have experienced?

PS sorry for the **, but WHT seems to think I will make better use of bold if I have made five posts!!

Hi Nevd, thanks for sharing a review about Serverloft. Provide this review to the management of serverloft, so that they may improve.

Hi. I did eventually get through to live support and posed the question to them. In essence I was told not to worry because practically they would always apply the SLA. I did point out the number of bad reviews and experiences on WHT and I asked if I could have a combined version of the T&A + SLA and was told this is not possible.

I think anyone thinking of using Serverloft or currently using should take a careful look at this. I am not a lawyer, but note that in the purchase process the only thing you agree to is the T&A. The T&A specifically states that the T&A overrides any other verbal, electronic etc agreement. So the SLA is overridden. And the T&A specifically say the service is "as available" and so contradicts the SLA.

Personally, this rings enormous alarm bells and I have taken my business elsewhere.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Hope you get some good services and support. I wish you all the best

First off, I would say live chat is probably not the best place to bring up your concerns. I can't speak to serverloft in particular, but my experience with livechats from many hosts is it's staffed by the lowest trained people in the organization, so for an issue like this, you'd be lucky if they understood it, let alone had the power to do anything about it.

It's not uncommon for the terms of service to be written as overly strict, and never really looked at again even when it clearly contradicts their other policies. The best way to deal with that is to let someone higher up in the company know about the inconsistency, and get them to make the policy consistent with the advertising. I would expect they'd be willing to do this, since it's easy to overlook this kind of thing accidentally.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers --
    Email: sales [at]
    Backup Storage VPS --

Hi funkywizard, I think live chat is a best place to bring up your concerns. Their are some live chat service providers which provide unique features like transferring your chat to the concerned person how can solve your queries.