EHCP gives me headaches

Seriously, it gives me headaches.

I've been working on redeveloping EHCP into our own in-house panel.

The fact that it's a mixture of English and Turkish does not at all help. Is there a way I could batch-translate all of the Turkish stuff into English, quickly and easily or is there just no way save but to go through it, line by line?

Also, the code is somewhat messy. Which irritates the living hell out of me. -_-

There's no need for large comment blocks. And the code often leaves out what does what, and how they're related. So far though, I've been more or less making good headway.

Anyone else play with EHCP for their own amusement? (or torture?)

We're fairly determined to make EHCP our own in-house panel with extensive modifications to make it more useful. And less code-bloaty.

But... augh. It's kinda hard to do when you're doing it by yourself.

Also... as an aside, how do you handle code changes? Roll back a change? Would Subversion be good for this?

I am trying to help people, developers who ask for help. did you ask me for help, ehcp developer ?

I will be glad to show you the way, how it is coded..

actually, very straightforward, functions, functions, a big single class.

all in classapp.php, Object oriented.

I accept some code are messy, that are weak points now, will be cleared in time...

this comment is left for further people who are interested in ehcp.

I personally really like EHCP... it's reliable, fast, and easy to install.'
    I just wish for a better default skin, and faster/sooner updates

I agree It's a great little panel, so easy to install too!

Quote Originally Posted by shovenose View Post
    I personally really like EHCP... it's reliable, fast, and easy to install.'
    I just wish for a better default skin, and faster/sooner updates

Nice to hear that there are people who are happy to use it.

did you try ehcp recently ? it has now a new default skin called sky, which is done by a contributer, not me. Most people like it.

I am trying to update ehcp
    * in a few days (or even in a few hours if urgent, sometime), if it had a bug
    * in a few weeks, or each 1-2 months. As you look now in ehcp sourceforge page, ehcp was updated at 1 April,2012, no april fool. Actually I made some improvements/fixes since then, however, I cannot publish it to public without testing some time. Otherwise, servers of all ehcp people may be broken.
    Honestly, my personal/daily business also affects those periods..

Please send me any ideas, feature request or suggestions about ehcp, its functions, features.. ehcp is improving with user contributions. Also look at launchpad ehcp page there are answers, buleprints (feature req), bugs.. you may track things there and in ehcp.net site.

See you.

Hi

Haven't tried it in awhile, Do you have screen shots of this sky theme, as your demo doesn't seem to work, I have some ideas that might help you, private message me if you want to hear them

Quote Originally Posted by ehcpdeveloper View Post
    Nice to hear that there are people who are happy to use it.

did you try ehcp recently ? it has now a new default skin called sky, which is done by a contributer, not me. Most people like it.

I am trying to update ehcp
    * in a few days (or even in a few hours if urgent, sometime), if it had a bug
    * in a few weeks, or each 1-2 months. As you look now in ehcp sourceforge page, ehcp was updated at 1 April,2012, no april fool. Actually I made some improvements/fixes since then, however, I cannot publish it to public without testing some time. Otherwise, servers of all ehcp people may be broken.
    Honestly, my personal/daily business also affects those periods..

Please send me any ideas, feature request or suggestions about ehcp, its functions, features.. ehcp is improving with user contributions. Also look at launchpad ehcp page there are answers, buleprints (feature req), bugs.. you may track things there and in ehcp.net site.

See you.

I updated screenshots section of ehcp.net, ehcp.net/?q=node/354
    added screenshots for new sky template
    (actually, this is no more very new, it is being used since a few months)

in ehcp.net site, two kind of demos, 1: gui only demo, operations are not synchronized to filesystem. That is provided by a contributer, appearantly, it is down. Will try to fix this demo soon.

2nd kind: what I call real demo, it is a real panel, when you add your domain and redirect it to that ip, your domain works directly. It was public before, I had to switch it non-public because of many spams, now I only give this real demo to only persons who explicitly request for this by email etc. I am sending you (DexStation) now a pm with real demo ip and info.

if you click on my name and select private message DexStation )

Same on most vb forums

I've tried your panel and all i can say its improved since the last horrid design you used to have. This one is alot better and easy to find your way around

I also did click on your nickname (just like other forums) before, but did not see PM link
    however, now I see, something has changed.

anyway, nice to meet you

Nice to meet you too i am also on your site under Dexxa

I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can send private messages.

Yes, That is correct. You have to make 5+ posts in order to be allowed to start sending private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by shovenose View Post
    I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can send private messages.