My name is Jim, i recently joined WHT specifically today. I was impressed with the community and support flowing in the forums and hoped that i could possibly get some assistance with my issue.
I have been setting up a server for a radio i am attempting to start with the collaboration of several DJ's, and looking online i didnt see many options for managing & maintaining it.
Centova Cast is what i decided to use and also noticed that too many of you have also had problems with this company in the past as well. Despite this i would like to try and fix my problem before moving on. So now that, that is out of the way let me get to the real questions.
1. Centova Cast has been set-up & running on the back-end i am able to see the install.php file load on the browser. The problem is with the install of the front-end interface. I load it up on the browser and it loads up /var/www/install.php I click continue and then this is where it asks for the information to setup admin user and mysql database. After inputing the information required and click install i get a:
**** HTTP 500 INTERNAL_SERVER ERROR on APACHE2. ****
- The mysql works fine i am able to access it with phpmyadmin and setup databases that way, so this is strictly a centova cast problem.
- I have setup a ticket with centova cast and have not received any response.
- This is a fresh install of apache2,php5,mysql and all the requirements of each install. Including PHP Encoders & libraries
- Centova states on the 1st page (install.php) that the server seems to have been set-up correctly to run it. The problem like i said happens when i get to hxxp://24.**.**.***/install.php?step=settings
2. My next question is what other control panel would you recommend seeing as how i too have had issues with this company. And their support desk is not the most favored out there. Again like most i love the software seems promising but the technical support aspect of this company is bringing them down.