Datashack, Is this RIGHT

Paid for my server on the 29th May. Enquired about the deployment status on the 30th and was told that it would be 1-2 business days and 48hours from time of payment.

Checked back on the 31th, was told that 30th May was a National Holiday so no one was working. I questioned about the 48 hours from time of payment and later told that 31th would be my official 1st business day period of server. they quickly changed and said it would now be 48 business hours from time of payment. So now an initial promise given by the staff was broke.

Now on 1st June which would make it then 2nd business day. It's now way past the 48 business hours from time of payment and it has already been 72 hours since i paid. No sign of any details from datashack

It appears that they are not honoring their statement on the setup time and is taking me for a ride despite another staff who told me yesterday that they would get it done before 1st June.

So what do everyone think about this. I would like datashack to come in here and make an official apology for the slow setup time. Punctuality is important in business, if you can't keep up to it, you will only be losing credibility and your client's trust.

server received

Quote Originally Posted by icedemo View Post
    Now on 1st June which would make it then 2nd business day.
    Kansas City is UTC-5, so there is still lots of time left for you to get your server yet today (the 2nd business day).

I agree that the setup times are longer than many hosts, but Datashack is up front about that in their advertising threads. I do think they should ditch the misleading "24-48 business hours" text -- is that 1-2 business days, or based on a 40-hour work week is that 3-6 business days?
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Great to hear you have your server. I have to say they have great service and have never gave me any delays.

Sounds like you jumped the gun to quick. You posted this and not even 1 hour later you had your server

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco View Post
    Kansas City is UTC-5, so there is still lots of time left for you to get your server yet today (the 2nd business day).

I agree that the setup times are longer than many hosts, but Datashack is up front about that in their advertising threads. I do think they should ditch the misleading "24-48 business hours" text -- is that 1-2 business days, or based on a 40-hour work week is that 3-6 business days?
    I believe the 24-48 business hours is to let customers know that they deploy servers around the clock. Mr. Brown told me that they do most builds over night.

And here is the reply I sent you yesterday when you asked me about it:

Hello,

Setup time is 1-2 business days from date of payment. Your payment was received on the 29th of May which was Sunday. Sunday is not a business day. Yesterday was Memorial Day in the US, where we are based, and was a national holiday so not a business day either. Today is the first business day since your payment, tomorrow will be the second business day.

Brooks
    Brooks Brown, NOCIX, LLC http://www.nocix.net

At least the customer didn't file a chargeback. I once had one where I had told them setup time would be 24 hours and that I was going to bed for the night immediately after talking to them. By the morning, they had filed a paypal dispute for not receiving what they'd paid for, because I hadn't been able to reply to their emails while I was asleep :/
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

When I ordered a new server from DataShack last week I received it within two business days, as promised, and it seems clear the OP did too.

This seems like a tempest in a chocolate teapot to me. DataShack is an honest business that delivers the goods and services they sell, this puts them several notches above another budget company on WHT that the reader may know who I'm talking about **cough**W2**cough**.

Yeah DataShack!
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

1 day after i received my server, it started going into BSOD. Informed support and the ram was changed. However it still went into BSOD few hours later.

Therefore on the 10th, i informed support that BSOD was still occuring and was told that it would require 12 hours to do testing. I requested for me to switch to an identical server as i needed to prepare the server for my client. However i was denied so i made the decision to purchase another server and informed them to switch me over to it.

I was given the notice that it would be ready by evening, however they failed in backing up that promise. Sent in a support ticket and received a reply requesting my approval to transfer the old hdd to the new server for me to backup my files to there. Gave my approval immediately.

Whats hillarious is that i was told by the support staff "Downtime should only be as long as it takes to move the hard drive" Up till now it has been 15hrs 30 mins and i've not gotten the new server up since the approval was made.

Total downtime for the past few days has been more than 21 hours and at least 10 over reboots.
    Last edited by icedemo; 06-04-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Hang in there. The only real issue I see in what you said is that they refused to move you to another server. I mean if you pay and get a faulty system they should be quick to move you, but that isn't taking into account their side of the story. Sounds like they're on it though, let us know how it goes. I've been thinking about picking up one of their servers for a few things, interested in seeing how you work this out.
    Ain't here to spam my signature, I'm not desperate for sales.

23 hours and counting for a my hdd switch to a new server.