hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : SnelServer Reviews?
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

SnelServer Reviews?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

SnelServer Reviews?

Does anyone have any reviews on SnelServer? They seem like a reliable and cheap company but I just wanna be sure their legit.

www.snelserver.com is their URL.

Sponsored Links
Old
Premium Member

We use then for some of the NL nodes however after literally months of searching with a strict criteria as we wanted to move out of Germany we came over Snel IS / snelserver.com

Have worked with around 10 - 15 DC's over the last few years for various projects and they are the new number one for us.

There is a guy that works there call Wouter who will go above any beyond the call of duty as in 5 OS reinstalls in 1 day without any issue at all (sorry about that Wouter)

Not the biggest DC in the world I guess but big enough to be sure they are not going to disappear tomorrow.

Network is spot on and the gbit ports are inexpensive.

Happy to vouch for them and a pleasure working with them.

-> WHITE LABEL XEN VPS RESELLER PLANS

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

i'm watching them on stopforumspam seems like another one who isn't to fast in shutting down spammers ....

Sponsored Links
Old
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT-Hosting View Post
SnelServer has been operating for a very long time as ServerFFS (http://www.serverffs.com). They were providing instant dedicated at http://www.instantdedi.com too.

You'll soon come to realise how impatient and rude Wouter can get. But if you can manage your server mostly alone and don't need to hassle support too often then they offer great setup, price and stability that can't be matched.

They're legit alright... just I'm warning you.. their support ISN'T.
Erm hang on.... they are unmanaged what support are you talking about?

Wouter has been a star and gone above any beyond many times.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpanellover View Post
i'm watching them on stopforumspam seems like another one who isn't to fast in shutting down spammers ....
We have implemented an abuse system that requires our customers to resolve the problem within 24 hours, else their server is disconnected from the network (until they provide feedback).
If you have any IP addresses that are abusive, please send an e-mail to abuse@snelis.com and it's taken care of right away.
We absolutely do not want spammers in our network and would much appreciate if you could report them.

<<snipped>>

Last edited by bear; 10-19-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtogeek View Post
Network is spot on and the gbit ports are inexpensive.
The network used has only 2 gigabit transit - fyi.

Network Carriers: AMS-IX, LINX, DECIX, NL-ix PLIX, Any2, Level3, Cogent, NTT, Deutsche Telekom (DTAG)

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interactive3d View Post
The network used has only 2 gigabit transit - fyi.
We are not using the We-Dare network for our dedicated servers, so please do not post facts that simply are not true

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snel IS View Post
We are not using the We-Dare network for our dedicated servers, so please do not post facts that simply are not true
What is the new network AS number? Or test IP? The IP listed on your website is still the we-dare network with 2 gbit transit capacity.

Network Carriers: AMS-IX, LINX, DECIX, NL-ix PLIX, Any2, Level3, Cogent, NTT, Deutsche Telekom (DTAG)

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interactive3d View Post
What is the new network AS number? Or test IP? The IP listed on your website is still the we-dare network with 2 gbit transit capacity.
The AS number is AS42267 with a 10 gbit transit at this time (upgraded a few weeks ago).

Old

I have customer experience and I can confirm that Wouter isn't such a "star" at all.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strika View Post
I have customer experience and I can confirm that Wouter isn't such a "star" at all.
You are/have been a customer of SnelServer? If so, could you please reply to this thread or report your post with your server IP?
If you have not been a customer, please do not place a review about our customer support. Thanks!

Old
Premium Member

have had 100% uptime, few issues with DDOS but that cant be blamed on SnelIS

Suspect the bad comments come from those that expect management for an unmanaged price.

Perhaps those who feel otherwise should post some ticket numbers to allow them to respond?

Old
Web Hosting Master

I have had no direct experience with them only with ServerFFS, infact i believe they are using qweb datacentre for their servers i might be wrong though.

Wouter is not the best person in the world but he does the job.

PM me or email me at bernardooan@gmail.com for more details.

Old
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkslayz View Post
Does anyone have any reviews on SnelServer? They seem like a reliable and cheap company but I just wanna be sure their legit.

www.snelserver.com is their URL.
Hi,

I cannot seem to find any. A quick google search tells me that there are a lot of people trying to find out the same thing.

Regards

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelso View Post
Hello everyone
I just wanted to advice every person who want to keep his online business safe to avoid this web hosting service.
Down times are so frequent that you forget what was the answer to the previous ticket
We are getting DDoS attacks as frequently as every 2 hours, which are specifically aimed at taking down our corerouter.
An engineer has been working through the night to configure a brand new router to replace it.
He's enroute to the datacenter as we speak to install this new router.

I'm very sorry for the unreliable network, and we are working as fast as possible to get it stable again.
Please do open a support ticket for compensation because of this.

Closed Thread