Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NetFusionHosting View Post
    It looks like w2servers may be dead. Their website is a mess and he's even using the default WHMCS theme!
    It's dead, Jim.
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

Quote Originally Posted by NetFusionHosting View Post
    It looks like w2servers may be dead. Their website is a mess and he's even using the default WHMCS theme!
    It's not dead - it's relocated. His suppliers have started pulling the plug on him so he's had to move his WHMCS to an Amazon instance, and at least one of his web sites to a box at Serverbeach in Texas. Take a look from around page 8 on this thread to see what's happened over the last day or 2.

Hi

Can I play?

Paid $288 for windows vps (1 year access)

Thought I might win this contest due to the "The remainder of pending refunds should be completed the week of 6/13/11" email.

But alas - no refund received

Quote Originally Posted by Lurky View Post
    Hi

<...>"The remainder of pending refunds should be completed the week of 6/13/11" <...>
    Their last lie...Everyone blaming Lyron...but what about Kelis Johnson? He was the seller and the W2 domain is under his name.

Is frustrating how hard I have to work to earn the $600+ he/they stole me.

hey I got a refund from them but that was 2 months ago already. back when they still are heavily promoting their spectacular scams of the year.

the servers where never delivered so they issue a refund.
    after that I never bothered trying them again or tempted to try their offers specially they always spam my mail inbox even if I already opt out of their mailing system.

am i still legible for this contest ?

Quote Originally Posted by blarehead View Post
    hey I got a refund from them but that was 2 months ago already. back when they still are heavily promoting their spectacular scams of the year.

the servers where never delivered so they issue a refund.
    after that I never bothered trying them again or tempted to try their offers specially they always spam my mail inbox even if I already opt out of their mailing system.

am i still legible for this contest ?
    Yea i receive a refund at the same time as u which is in april

Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
    Yea i receive a refund at the same time as u which is in april
    I placed an order for their singapore vps on march 30.
    They said they ran out(or never had any) of stocks on SG. and refunded it on april 1.

so you never got into trouble with w2 now? glad i made that decision not to be with them again.

So, I was reading a page that was talking about w2 and even though there were people clearly stating the guy was a scammer, and what happened to them, they were still buying his services. "at $24 for a year, what could go wrong?" That's why he is so successful at scamming people..
    The nice thing about facebook, is you can post comments from someone, and no one will know if that person actually said it. - George Washington

all people should get there money back along with interest for the long wait except for that indian spammer he never can loose enough (the one who started w2serversscam.info)

At $24 for a year, it is not surprising that w2servers have gone out of business. You get what you pay for.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

I keep getting emails from w2servers saying they processing refunds. Anyone seen one yet (except for the few in April that got them).

Not a penny from my $600+

I paid for 3 upgraded vps servers (like $200+), they didn't refund me a single dime... the worst part is the TIME that I spent there.

I am from Argentina, this is the first time that I get scammed.

What can we do? is there any possibility to make any legal action?? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lordblacksuca View Post
    I paid for 3 upgraded vps servers (like $200+), they didn't refund me a single dime... the worst part is the TIME that I spent there.

I am from Argentina, this is the first time that I get scammed.

What can we do? is there any possibility to make any legal action?? thanks.
    Legal action for $200? Not likely.

I doubt that any law enforcement agency will have interest, since business failures are common. You would need to prove that they intended to take the money and run from the very beginning. That would be difficult to prove.

As far as civil action goes, you need to sue them where they live. Since it's only for $200 you can't take the case to a higher court with a lawyer, you would need to take it to small claims court and represent yourself in person. That means traveling to Hawaii, Dallas, or where ever this guy really lives. You would probably prevail in civil court, but the $200 wouldn't begin to cover your travel expenses. I doubt that a small claims court would reimburse $1000 in travel expenses.

Thanks for the answer...
    So, is just that, money lost...

I think I should take more care about what I am buying...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ajonate View Post
    Legal action for $200? Not likely.

I doubt that any law enforcement agency will have interest, since business failures are common. You would need to prove that they intended to take the money and run from the very beginning. That would be difficult to prove.

As far as civil action goes, you need to sue them where they live. Since it's only for $200 you can't take the case to a higher court with a lawyer, you would need to take it to small claims court and represent yourself in person. That means traveling to Hawaii, Dallas, or where ever this guy really lives. You would probably prevail in civil court, but the $200 wouldn't begin to cover your travel expenses. I doubt that a small claims court would reimburse $1000 in travel expenses.
    If 25 of you go down there and file a class-action, someone will hear you out.

Specially, when these 25-odd people are coming from different corners of the country and abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteTech View Post
    If 25 of you go down there and file a class-action, someone will hear you out.

Specially, when these 25-odd people are coming from different corners of the country and abroad.
    Yes, a class action suit is a possibility, if there is enough money involved to make it worth a lawyer's while. But even it there was enough money involved I doubt a lawyer would take the case. The problem then would be to prove to the lawyer that W2Servers or Lyron Foster have assets that are worth going after. I kind of doubt that they do.

But then it does look like they are back up and running again. They are listing VPS offers anyway.

http://w2servers.com/config-vps.html

Any takers?

The website was down yesterday.. I thougt that they finally dissapeared... but, they seems to be running again wft?

I will not trust them, If they pay, I will request a refund to go to another company.

I finally got a refund! I paid with MasterCard (before they went to Paypal-only payments) and was billed by W2 Interactive. After filing a chargeback, I submitted all the documentation I could (including the multiple mea culpas from Lyron Foster's blog) as proof. I was issued a provisional credit in August.

I finally got a letter this week from my bank that the provisional credit is now final. Success!

Great! Congratulations!

I still without answer yet.

Now, everything relater with W2 is offline.

Since the OP said this contest will end till the end of time...I think it deserves a bump

I win! (see attachments)

Now wheres my price?

Remember, getting a charge back is easy...but paypal is a different story.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GnXgkh.png   ZjYD5S.png  

Are these guys still around? I'm guessing they closed up shop... only a matter of time though until they reappear under a new brand.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

I doubt anyone will give Lyron Foster so much as the time of day again.

Sorry to bump such an old thread... but look who's now on Twitter with the tag "self made millionaire"!

https://twitter.com/lyronfoster

I guess if you made your million by ripping off half of WHT and several hosting providers, that's self-made? Selfishly made, maybe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast