Angry Servage.net - DON'T TOUCH

Guys

I have just had a nightmare hosting experience at Servage.net.

Basically signed up to a relatively cheap package with these losers, after the first day the domain was not resolving, this went on and on with numerous Tickets to them and they were basically denying any issue.

This issue went on for 8 days and everyday I was waking up to my domain either being down or not resolving or very slow to resolve.

To add insult to injury I received an email from them today saying they have lost my whole website which cannot be recovered!

But as a sorry they would give me 3 x months free hosting!

They will not refund my money either as they say my account details were lost as well!!

They will not answer emails but shrug you off with crap only via ticket contact!

A word of warning for anyone wanting to sign up with these tricksters - DO NOT BOTHER they are losers.

You have been warned guys

Peter

Wow, that sounds like a complete mess. Im hoping you at least had back-ups of your website?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a complete mess. Im hoping you at least had back-ups of your website?
    Thanks, I did have backups apart from a few pages which I can sort out no problem, they were a nightmare and has really left a bitter taste in my mouth with Servage.net

Especially as I have lost my money with them

Peter

Well I guess that a tough lesson learned, did you do any research on them before signing up?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Well I guess that a tough lesson learned, did you do any research on them before signing up?
    I did do a little bit of research and a friend has a hosting package similar to what I wanted (well identical really) and when I viewed his site it was good.

But when i signed up with them they were absolutely crap, my loss, my fault and no come back for return of funds either!

Peter

I understand downtimes for several reasons, DDoS, hardware failures, loosing internet and other problems but loosing data is unacceptable, they didn't answer about this???
    Offshore Hosting & High Privacy in Panama
    OnApp Cloud Servers & Shared Web Hosting | Daily Backups | 99.9% Uptime
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

Quote Originally Posted by OffshoreRacks View Post
    I understand downtimes for several reasons, DDoS, hardware failures, loosing internet and other problems but loosing data is unacceptable, they didn't answer about this???
    Here is their reply:

Dear Peter,

A Servage system administrator has made the following note to your account:

------- Note -------

We have unfortunatele to notify your about a total loss of your Webhosting content.

We unfortunately had to face a total loss of the entire storage device that also stores your account data due to a corrupted RAID array,
    that is caused by the failure of multiple harddisk in it.
    The Harddisks are unfortunately not accessable anymore, so we cant make any attempts to recover the array.

We are very sorry about this issue and kindly ask you to reupload your accounts content.
    The MySQL databases and E-Mails are NOT affected by this loss, as the data are stored on different systems.

As a compensation we have added 3 month of free hosting to your account and changed the homedir to a different, new storage device

------- Note -------

If you have questions or concerns kindly submit a support ticket via the control panel and we will get back to you as soon as possible. This can be done via the "Support & Notifications" link in control panel.

Have you thought about changing provider? You should look for a reputable shared hosting this time,also make sure to review the company and gather as much info as you can before signing up.WHT is a good place for it.Also i recommend looking in Shared web hosting offers forum if you haven't already.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Best of luck.
    Tiger Host | Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Domain Registration
    ---> 24/7/365 Live Chat & Help Desk Support.
    ---> cPanel 11,Softaculous,Fantastico & more.
    ---> http://www.tiger-host.net

every hosting has it's own problems, sometimes you're just bad luck to get into the worst experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Ten View Post
    Here is their reply:

Dear Peter,

A Servage system administrator has made the following note to your account:

------- Note -------

We have unfortunatele to notify your about a total loss of your Webhosting content.

We unfortunately had to face a total loss of the entire storage device that also stores your account data due to a corrupted RAID array,
    that is caused by the failure of multiple harddisk in it.
    The Harddisks are unfortunately not accessable anymore, so we cant make any attempts to recover the array.

We are very sorry about this issue and kindly ask you to reupload your accounts content.
    The MySQL databases and E-Mails are NOT affected by this loss, as the data are stored on different systems.

As a compensation we have added 3 month of free hosting to your account and changed the homedir to a different, new storage device

------- Note -------

If you have questions or concerns kindly submit a support ticket via the control panel and we will get back to you as soon as possible. This can be done via the "Support & Notifications" link in control panel.
    3 months of free hosting for losing your website. I consider that an insult.

Eek, if they are not getting hacked then they are surely losing your data in ways that could of been prevented (ie, backup systems) but clearly it seems they have no insight to that and offering 3 months compensation really does not cut it.

Depending on the lost content as well, it could of been a livley hood of content but I suppose at the end of the day, you should also make your own backups!
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee