Problem in Semoweb vps

hi guys.. i had a vps problem in my vps in semoweb.com

i was purchased in semoweb.com a $4.99 vps.

then i got their vps this may 16 and it works fine and i admire their support, the days pass by but i got june 2 semoweb support staff Dustin Cisneros send me an email that someone was doing spamming in email using my vps IP, and they suspend my vps account,

i replied to them and hoping that it will reactivate again my vps and give me a temporarily suspended but sad to say its permanently suspended my vps account.. almost 2week that i only used my vps and now i cannot used my remaining days. im just wondering if its a same policy on some vps provider?.. im sorry guys im just a newbie in vps but i have bought vps in quickweb they suspend the account but they reactivate again if there is a valid reason... but now.. its my lesson that i want to share for some of newbie like me in vps..
    thank you i hope some of you guys give me a tips and teach me the right vps ..

here is our conversation with the Staff:

CLIENT: hello there i notice my vps was suspended can you give me the exact ip address of my my client that give spamming in our vps?..

ok i will investigate regarding to this matter.. please apologize i did not read regarding spamming and i will do my best to prevent so it will not happen again..

thank you..

Staff:
    We cannot unsuspend it how ever heres the report.

Type: spam/abusix

[noreply]
    etc..........

Client:
    hi there do you mean my vps account it will not be reactivate?

this is sad to say that happen to us. i advice my all clients about this happened and warned all them for spamming messaging.and i am revoking for reactivation hopefully so we continue your good service to us. and i am hoping also..

i will support you regarding to your concern but give me a chance to used my vps again because we have a remaining days to use it. and hopefully to continue your good service to us..

thank you..

STAFF:
    Correct the DC advised us not to unsuspend you will have to reorder and put some type of email limit and monitor to avoid such things again.

CLIENT:
    hello there what do you mean with DC? and in order to unsuspend my account we need to reorder vps again? we need to pay it again? please clarify us.. thank you

STAFF:
    The DC is the data center supplying us with their network they mentioned we cannot unsuspend this vps.

In order to have another vps for production you must order a new one and use that and closely monitor your users.

the end...

thank you WHT..

This procedure isn't a bad behavior - spam is a very cost intensive risk to your hoster. If their IP-Range/Ips get blacklisted they are nearly useless and it costs a lot to get them removed from blacklists.

I think most VPS companies will suspend/terminate your VPS with no refund if your VPS is sending out spam.

Re-activating your VPS only allows more spam to get out.

I don't really see Semoweb doing anything wrong here...this is standard procedure when dealing with Spam.

It's unfortunate but Spam/Phishing/Junk mail is really hurting service providers. It can't be taken lightly anymore by the provider because a provider can have HIS services cancelled/terminated if they receive too many abuse complaints.
    Last edited by KiloServe; 06-03-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS
    www.KiloServe.com Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

Sounds like a really bad case of spam but at least they're letting you sign up again for their services.

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    Sounds like a really bad case of spam but at least they're letting you sign up again for their services.
    I wonder how their DC/Affiliate feels about that...

Quote Originally Posted by JaJae View Post
    I wonder how their DC/Affiliate feels about that...
    Semoweb is doing their best for a client. Did you read, "Correct the DC advised us not to unsuspend you will have to reorder and put some type of email limit and monitor to avoid such things again.

So he gets a second chance, with restrictions. With many budget hosts you'd simply get the boot.

Well done Semoweb.

Well I don't see anything wrong about suspending an account for spam specially a vps of 4.99 it will cost much more to clean the ip from blacklists later on, sure there are better ways to clean that same vps and reactivate it but is an extra work that at the end is better to create the vps again.
    Offshore Hosting & High Privacy in Panama
    Cloud Servers & Shared Web Hosting | Daily Backups | 99.9% Uptime
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

Quote Originally Posted by localnoypi View Post
    hi guys.. i had a vps problem in my vps in semoweb.com

i was purchased in semoweb.com a $4.99 vps.

then i got their vps this may 16 and it works fine and i admire their support, the days pass by but i got june 2 semoweb support staff Dustin Cisneros send me an email that someone was doing spamming in email using my vps IP, and they suspend my vps account,

i replied to them and hoping that it will reactivate again my vps and give me a temporarily suspended but sad to say its permanently suspended my vps account.. almost 2week that i only used my vps and now i cannot used my remaining days. im just wondering if its a same policy on some vps provider?.. im sorry guys im just a newbie in vps but i have bought vps in quickweb they suspend the account but they reactivate again if there is a valid reason... but now.. its my lesson that i want to share for some of newbie like me in vps..
    thank you i hope some of you guys give me a tips and teach me the right vps ..

here is our conversation with the Staff:

CLIENT: hello there i notice my vps was suspended can you give me the exact ip address of my my client that give spamming in our vps?..

ok i will investigate regarding to this matter.. please apologize i did not read regarding spamming and i will do my best to prevent so it will not happen again..

thank you..

Staff:
    We cannot unsuspend it how ever heres the report.

Type: spam/abusix

[noreply]
    etc..........

Client:
    hi there do you mean my vps account it will not be reactivate?

this is sad to say that happen to us. i advice my all clients about this happened and warned all them for spamming messaging.and i am revoking for reactivation hopefully so we continue your good service to us. and i am hoping also..

i will support you regarding to your concern but give me a chance to used my vps again because we have a remaining days to use it. and hopefully to continue your good service to us..

thank you..

STAFF:
    Correct the DC advised us not to unsuspend you will have to reorder and put some type of email limit and monitor to avoid such things again.

CLIENT:
    hello there what do you mean with DC? and in order to unsuspend my account we need to reorder vps again? we need to pay it again? please clarify us.. thank you

STAFF:
    The DC is the data center supplying us with their network they mentioned we cannot unsuspend this vps.

In order to have another vps for production you must order a new one and use that and closely monitor your users.

the end...

thank you WHT..
    Hello,

I'm really sorry that our services did not work out for you, We do take SPAM very serious and in any case where the DC "Data Center" informs us that we cannot reactivate a vps due SPAM we will follow their instructions as we don't want to unsuspend your vps and have the whole node suspended due to your failure of properly managing your end users which resulted in SPAM.

You are welcome back at any time as mentioned in the ticket and take it as a lesson learned how you need to set email limits when you have end users as well as monitoring them.

There was quite a few complaints regarding your VE this is why action was taken.

Once again my sincerest apologies action was taken but I'm sure you can under stand why its important to have a clean network.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

you are getting a second chance, my suggestion is signup for a new VPS with them and keep monitoring you VPS for Spam.

actually i did not sending or neither doing spamming.. but i admitted that i think some of my clients did that but i already warn them.. but thank you for your support semo..

Quote Originally Posted by localnoypi View Post
    actually i did not sending or neither doing spamming.. but i admitted that i think some of my clients did that but i already warn them.. but thank you for your support semo..
    Hello,

We included the logs in the ticket which you clearly snipped a LARGE portion out on this thread for which ever reason.

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

You should get a managed VPS to prevent such problems if you can't do it yourself. If you want to solve it yourself there are a lot of tutorials.

it seems, that semoweb being an ethical and legitimate host had offered you an another chance to start once again with them however, in case you are not familiar with server management process you ought to hire someone or opt for a managed vps with semoweb.
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Nothing more to see here.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

so take managed services...

i purchased a vps from them

as they did not transfer files and i request a refund

and they send it in quick time

Quote Originally Posted by gamejump View Post
    i purchased a vps from them

as they did not transfer files and i request a refund
    Because they offer only unmanaged VPSs... ?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting