Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Alright, Thanks for clearing that up for us

Why does it seem though, less attention is being put towards club uptime ever sense you launched your minecraft hosting business? Even to me from reading here, and other places that the quality of clubuptime has lowered sense brohoster has been launched.

Personally, I believe it...

Quote Originally Posted by glitched View Post
    Alright, Thanks for clearing that up for us

Why does it seem though, less attention is being put towards club uptime ever sense you launched your minecraft hosting business? Even to me from reading here, and other places that the quality of clubuptime has lowered sense brohoster has been launched.

Personally, I believe it...
    Actually, up until very, very recently, I've been focusing on nothing but Club Uptime. I took over Brohoster back in December. Recently I had to let Jacob Jervey go for various reasons and I've brought several people onto staff such as Nick Hudson to help take over the load.

Nick is a large asset who is just as dedicated as I am to help keep everything running smoothly.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

And thats for Clubuptime or Brohoster??

@Matt: Your signature says VPS hosting for Open Source Projects (Coming soon) care to elaborate on that abit more? I'm interested in that and I have been checking out clubuptime to host one of my personal projects that I'm managing and in the process of setting up for a family member.. that your services seem to fit her requirements and I'm interested in going with it, this is why I have been looking into things and have been noticing this.

But what is that, that your signature states coming soon, what is that going to be about and offering?

Matt R, Although you said you responded to the ticket (which number is 590214) I've yet to see any response on the open ticket page as I did in the past with the first ticket submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by EphemeralDevelopment View Post
    Matt R, Although you said you responded to the ticket (which number is 590214) I've yet to see any response on the open ticket page as I did in the past with the first ticket submitted.
    I think they are aware of their good rep, so people still keep coming to ClubUptime anytime, so of course its smarter to put more effort into their game hosting now as they can always return to ClubUptime because new customers will keep signing up for a VPS or shared hosting.

There is also the ratio between VPS and game server customers, Brohosters have nearly half the amount of customers as BurstNET

Quote BurstNET: ".. currently hosts nearly 10,000 dedicated servers and co-located machines, 10,000+ Virtual Private Servers (VPS), and millions of websites"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    Nick is a large asset who is just as dedicated as I am to help keep everything running smoothly.
    Never seen the guy at all in any of my tickets . I know a few times I've had to go on the BroHoster testing Minecraft servers and get support from Matt. Note: I don't recommend this as it isn't the right thing to do . Got solved within the hour after I did that. The ticket I responded on June 3rd, Matt replied June 7th . So 5 days is a pretty long time Matt you may want to look into adding some more people.

Care to introduce me to Nick as I've never had him respond to any open tickets of mine. Hope to see him sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGOBLUE View Post
    I think they are aware of their good rep, so people still keep coming to ClubUptime anytime, so of course its smarter to put more effort into their game hosting now as they can always return to ClubUptime because new customers will keep signing up for a VPS or shared hosting.

There is also the ratio between VPS and game server customers, Brohosters have nearly half the amount of customers as BurstNET

Quote BurstNET: ".. currently hosts nearly 10,000 dedicated servers and co-located machines, 10,000+ Virtual Private Servers (VPS), and millions of websites"
    Other than the fact that Brohoster has it's own dedicated team of 7 staff members and Club Uptime has it's own dedicated staff of 6 and one companies staff can't access the other?

I'm not really sure why this is up for debate when they're two isolated entities with independent staff, independent infrastructure, etc...
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidServers_ View Post
    Care to introduce me to Nick
    Hello

If you could PM me a Ticket ID of yours, I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Thanks!
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Hello

If you could PM me a Ticket ID of yours, I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Thanks!
    I don't have one now . You should be able to see If I have any open either way. Shouldn't be matter of PM me your ticket for support it should be if it opens it needs to be addressed. Just my 2 cents

Since Nick H posted that thing about someone else pm'ing their ticket ID, I went ahead and just sent my ID to him; waiting for any sort of response now.

Since Nick H posted that thing about someone else pm'ing their ticket ID, I went ahead and just sent my ID to him; waiting for any sort of response now.
    You shouldn't have to PM them to get a response. If the ticket is open the ticket needs to be addressed not skipped over.

Yea what happen to clubuptime?
    I've sent a ticket and it has not been answered till now.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
    Yea what happen to clubuptime?
    I've sent a ticket and it has not been answered till now.
    I really wish I knew.

It was a real nice host place in the first month or so... Since then there's been no visible support.

& The live support tab thing on the side has been dead for a while =/

I really wish I knew.

It was a real nice host place in the first month or so... Since then there's been no visible support.

& The live support tab thing on the side has been dead for a while =/
    Live chat was disabled due to extremely large amounts of support abuse between our brands. Customers opening tickets, calling in, and doing live chats at the same time is a very hard thing to keep up with. As such, we've gone back to the basics of ticket only support for the time being until we find a way to make live chat more efficient.

Support is around 24/7/365 on all of our brands.

Yes well, I somewhat liked the immediate response thing; now don't get me wrong the first ticket I put in was responded to within an hour but so far I've still got nothing on this recent ticket (590214) despite the fact you said on here it was responded to.

Got a reply to ti and solved now.

Though wondering why there's no edit button on these forums.

Got a reply to ti and solved now.

Though wondering why there's no edit button on these forums.
    There's an edit button. It disappears after 15 minutes or so, though.

I have had nothing but fast responses from Club Uptime. Just last week they helped me fix an issue with my VPS. They were awesome as usual!

I guess I'm just surprised that people are having support issues and response time issues.

I have been using them for several months now and altough i am satisfied with the quality of the VPS i have to be honest and say that their support is way to slow for a VPS provider. I havn't used their support a lot, but response times are sometimes unacceptable. So it's making me having doubts about them.
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by target View Post
    I have been using them for several months now and altough i am satisfied with the quality of the VPS i have to be honest and say that their support is way to slow for a VPS provider. I havn't used their support a lot, but response times are sometimes unacceptable. So it's making me having doubts about them.
    The entirety of the Softlayer datacenters in Dallas, Houston, and Seattle have been having network issues. Simply put: Yes, we're down. As are about 65,000 other customers

Update:

The following routers have recovered from the high CPU issue:

FCR01.HOU02
    FCR01.SJC01
    FCR03.WDC01
    FCR02.DAL05

Routers still experiencing problems:

FCR01.DAL05

======================================

SoftLayer Engineers are aware of an ongoing latency/loss issue with FCR01.DAL05, FCR02.DAL05, FCR01.SJC01, FCR01.HOU02. Initial investigation shows it be related to a large number of BGP updates causing 100% CPU. Engineers are working towards a resolution and should have more information as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
    SoftLayer Network Team

First i wanna say i am very satisfied with the quality of the VPS, nothing wrong what so ever with it. It's just that at support side things could improve.

So it isn't only that one downtime at softlayer but also the fact that you couldn't be reached by phone and that communications could have been better. It's also the various support times ... i think a large VPS and dedicated provider should have stable response times. Now the response time is sometimes under the hour, but sometimes 24 hours ... wich is unacceptable i think.

Keep in mind that if the entirety of the Softlayer network goes down, so do our phones. Our phone systems are digital and they're run from a set of servers in Dallas (Dal05 Pod 1).

Response times as of lately have been improving as we phase out OpenVZ and focus primarily on Xen while hiring more members into the family of staff here

Response times as of lately have been improving as we phase out OpenVZ and focus primarily on Xen while hiring more members into the family of staff here
    Ok, i understand about the phone lines ... maybe inform your customers about it next time lines are completely down.

I have a ticket open for more than 24 hours now.

Quote Originally Posted by target View Post
    I have a ticket open for more than 24 hours now.
    Hi there,

Do you have a Ticket ID that I could take a look at?
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Hi there,

Do you have a Ticket ID that I could take a look at?
    ticket #138117

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast