Website Hosting Location Preference

Hello.

Well, its just a general thought that USA locations are preferred for general website hostings. But I actually want to finally know if it really matters. I have some great companies offering me server in Europe ( Germany or Netherlands ) at great prices but I finally want to know if it really matters that much or the ping is really important to the websites ? I've been hosting my previous websites at USA locations so I'm not sure if that'll be a good choice. Out of thoughts so please advise.

As a general rule of thumb, where the servers will be is determined by which continent or countries would be most of your visitors from.
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Universal websites, more of content specific.

People from all over the world not any specific place.

Quote Originally Posted by AsadMoeen View Post
    Anyone up here ?
    UK and East Coast USA has a very good connection worldwide.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

If its UK, then it must be Germany and Netherlands too.

If its UK, then it must be Germany and Netherlands too.
    Germany and Netherlands use different routing, etc.

I have been told the UK and East Coast USA (like New York/New Jersey/Florida) have the best connection worldwide. I am not sure whether that is 100% TRUE or not. I could see why they might be two of the best locations though.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Lets have a world-wide ping test to major Locations and see who gets the lowest average ping. http://www.hyperspin.com I don't have any Test IP's though.

Lets have a world-wide ping test to major Locations and see who gets the lowest average ping. http://www.hyperspin.com I don't have any Test IP's though.
    The ping tools do not test such things accurately enough for several reasons.

This one tests from 17 locations world-wide and the average would give us a well known view of whats the actual deal. It could be possible if it was one location, but the average would matter more.

This one tests from 17 locations world-wide and the average would give us a well known view of whats the actual deal. It could be possible if it was one location, but the average would matter more.
    Pingdom would have good stats for that.

If you have are targeting the world. Central US esp Texas most of the time is the best place to host it.

What sort of markets do you target? If you target an American audience, I don't think it is wise to get a server in Germany
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Its used for Universal websites.

Ultra-tech blogs and News blogs related to all kinds of audience.

depend on where your visitors come from , i think location in USA with an international website is good

Okay I have tested major parts of the World myself.

The lowest average ping I got is 100 to about 20 different and major parts of the World. New Jersey and New York had 100 ping.

Other parts in USA had a ping of about 110 or more at an average.

Europe would give about 120 average.

Quote Originally Posted by flyah View Post
    If you have are targeting the world. Central US esp Texas most of the time is the best place to host it.
    How do you know this? Please provide info to back it up.

Okay I have tested major parts of the World myself.

The lowest average ping I got is 100 to about 20 different and major parts of the World. New Jersey and New York had 100 ping.

Other parts in USA had a ping of about 110 or more at an average.

Europe would give about 120 average.
    What about UK? There is a lot of sea between UK and Europe

UK London with the best possible routing would give 118 average ping.

UK London with the best possible routing would give 118 average ping.
    But how accurate is their system? Does it really give 100% accurate stats? How do they do it? Routing/pings changes constantly. How many times did you run the test for the UK? No doubt it would vary each time you did the test.

I do the tests about 3 times, theres hardly 1ms difference in the average ping after all the tries. Its quite accurate and renowned Testing service and they have efficient networks. Remember, its the average ping so it doesn't really change.

Right, well I would have to see the tests run by proper ping experts like Pingdom. I can trust results from companies like Pingdom.

just-ping.com with over 50 locations and 3 ping tries beats the field.