hosting on 64-bit Windows

Can I setup a server with Windows 2008 R2 SP1 which is a 64-bit server operating system for shared hosting? Will there be any issue with the web applications run by the customers? Will the applications created by the customers run without any issue on the 64-bit OS or the customers need to re-develop their applications for 64-bit OS compatibility?
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

2. #2 websites should run in any windows(2 bit or 64bit) platform with IIS. so there will be no issues. Even 32bit applications can be installed in Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64bit OS.

I think you can complete setup it!

there are no issues. Even if you wish to install specific third party tools, you still can download its 64 bit versions ...So my word GO for it !!!!
    Sam - Expertise in Windows/Linux server support, IaaS and PaaS Management - Custom Software Development
    Email: exec @ | Skype: unni_active

Atlanta GA
    This will work well for shared hosting. Two important points to remember:

1. Frontpage is dead (well, on life support, anyway). Microsoft offers no support for Frontpage on Windows Server 2008 R2. This is a good thing! But if Frontpage support is absolutely required, Ready-To-Run Software has a free Frontpage Server add-on for Windows Server 2008 (with or without R2) for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.

2. The .NET Framework 1.1 (ASP.NET 1.1) is not shipped with Windows Server 2008 R2. In most cases it should be a problem since .NET 1.1 reached End Of Life anyway. But it is available as a separate download from Microsoft. .NET 1.1 is 32-bit only. No 64-bit version was every released.

Everything else works pretty well on Windows Server 2008 R2, including a lot of ASP components. The individual IIS sites can be set to run in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode (64-bit is the default). If you install PHP, it will use the FastCGI module in IIS. Be sure to install the non-thread safe version since FastCGI handles all the thread issues. This makes PHP run a little faster.