Innohosting, EZPZhosting, Site5, Surpasshosting - UK resellerhosting review

Maybe usefull for fellow WHT'ers who are looking for a resellerpackage. All the reseller reviews are based on UK locations.

INNOHOSTING

I am a client since two years now and already posted a review on them about 8 months ago. Altough there was a time (august 2010) i was planning on leaving because i felt i wasn't treated very fair by support (i still do ) I'm glad i stayed after all. So everything in my first review can stay (they should work on those cons i mentioned to grow to a 10/10) and i must say since the review everything has been running great. So if u want a company with good servers, fast reply's on tickets and the feeling someone really cares about u as client you can't go wrong with Innohosting. I gave them a 8,5 to 9 in my first review, i would turn that into a 9 to 9.5/10 now.

EZPZHOSTING

I joined them 6 months ago and in the beginning everything was running really good and fast. Even tought they were better than Innohosting in the first months. Support is good and Dan is really on top of things trying to make u feel like an appreciated customer. In the last few months however sites got slower (me only having a few small sites on my package) and i had a lot of comlaints from customers.

They moved my accounts to another server and another server and that helped in the end. Except for one site who uses the magento script (clean installation, no visitors) taking 8 tot 10 seconds to load. I must say Dan is doing a lot to help and trying to fix it but so far no good .. to bad it takes so long. I know that Magento can be a hog, but the same site opens in 2-3 seconds at Innohosting so it must be something else.

In general i must say EZPZ isn't that bad (but this one problem is ofcourse gonna lower my score on them) and that Dan is a superb guy. Support is being handled very good and the answers are real answers while at other company's u sometimes get the feeling they don't read the questions They should improve on their supporttimes, sometimes u get answers within a few minutes .. sometimes u have to wait for a few hours. R1Soft Backups are a big plus at EZPZ.

I would give them an 8/10 on their servers and 8/10 on support. If they could have stable supporttimes (within 30 minutes) it could become a 9.5 or 10/10.

SITE5

Tried Site5 for one month for free to test out their new UK reseller servers. Because i had some other packages at other companies i think i can compare. I didn't renew the package however because they were to slow, the slowest i ever had. Maybe it was becuase they just started to offer UK resellerpackages ? Must say their support is really great, fast and friendly. A lot of company's can learn from them. To bad about the servers tough.

SURPASSHOSTING

I just joined them a few weeks ago, so i can't really judge them already but i will do this later. My first impressions are good so far. Questions get answered very fast in a professional way. Servers look OK so far, sometimes a bit higher loads than with other company's so i have to test some more to make my final judgement.

I will be posting a WIREDTREE and CLUBUPTIME VPS review later on.
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by target View Post
    Maybe usefull for fellow WHT'ers who are looking for a resellerpackage. All the reseller reviews are based on UK locations.

INNOHOSTING

I am a client since two years now and already posted a review on them about 8 months ago. Altough there was a time (august 2010) i was planning on leaving because i felt i wasn't treated very fair by support (i still do ) I'm glad i stayed after all. So everything in my first review can stay (they should work on those cons i mentioned to grow to a 10/10) and i must say since the review everything has been running great. So if u want a company with good servers, fast reply's on tickets and the feeling someone really cares about u as client you can't go wrong with Innohosting. I gave them a 8,5 to 9 in my first review, i would turn that into a 9 to 9.5/10 now.
    Hi Target!

Many thanks for the 2 year review. I'm very glad to hear you're happy with our services, even more glad to see a 9-9.5/10 verdict on our services!

As I'm sure you no doubt know, our quest to always raise the bar to new heights is never over. So hopefully in your next review we would have hit the 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    Hi Target!

Many thanks for the 2 year review. I'm very glad to hear you're happy with our services, even more glad to see a 9-9.5/10 verdict on our services!

As I'm sure you no doubt know, our quest to always raise the bar to new heights is never over. So hopefully in your next review we would have hit the 10/10.
    Like I said .. nothing much can go wrong if u choose for Inno.

I will be posting a WIREDTREE and CLUBUPTIME VPS review later on.
    Just posted it: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1024040

Very nice in detail review, not many clients post review's while they are Resellers so its always nice to see honest and nice reviews .

All the best,

Dustin
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Very nice in detail review, not many clients post review's while they are Resellers so its always nice to see honest and nice reviews .

All the best,

Dustin
    I second this! its nice to have plenty of happy customers but its even better when you have ones that post the reviews
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Thanks for the detailed reviews mate. It is always good to see multiple reviews as it would help to compare the hosts.

Suprised you haven't tried HostDime also.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Suprised you haven't tried HostDime also.
    Surpass = Hostdime

Surpass = Hostdime
    True. But isn't Surpass just a divison of HostDime? I think HostDime is the parent company? And I think they charge slightly more too.

I never really see any positive reviews about Surpass, but I do see a lot of them made about HostDime.

Anyway, thanks for the review.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    True. But isn't Surpass just a divison of HostDime? I think HostDime is the parent company? And I think they charge slightly more too.

I never really see any positive reviews about Surpass, but I do see a lot of them made about HostDime.
    I could give u an answer on how good/bad Surpass is within a few months I believe Hostdime has telephone support and Surpass doesn't, but i think they use the same servers and the same online support.

SITE5

Tried Site5 for one month for free to test out their new UK reseller servers. Because i had some other packages at other companies i think i can compare. I didn't renew the package however because they were to slow, the slowest i ever had. Maybe it was becuase they just started to offer UK resellerpackages ? Must say their support is really great, fast and friendly. A lot of company's can learn from them. To bad about the servers tough.
    That is very odd to hear as that server has barely anyone on it and is incredibly powerfull and should be incredibly fast. What do you mean in terms of "slow" ping times? Or access times? All our UK servers are a dual 5520 (8 core) with 24GB RAM and RAID 10 with 4 to 6 drives.

The only think we had on your specific server that might have caused an issue is we had to rebuild the RAID array which meant IO was going to be high while we did that and it took 2 to 3 days as the DC gave us non enterprise drives and we had to switch out 3 of the 4 drives while doing that so it took a long time. But that shouldn't have slowed it down significantly.

Please let me know,
    Thanks, Ben
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by bwb View Post
    That is very odd to hear as that server has barely anyone on it and is incredibly powerfull and should be incredibly fast. What do you mean in terms of "slow" ping times? Or access times? All our UK servers are a dual 5520 (8 core) with 24GB RAM and RAID 10 with 4 to 6 drives.

The only think we had on your specific server that might have caused an issue is we had to rebuild the RAID array which meant IO was going to be high while we did that and it took 2 to 3 days as the DC gave us non enterprise drives and we had to switch out 3 of the 4 drives while doing that so it took a long time. But that shouldn't have slowed it down significantly.

Please let me know,
    Thanks, Ben
    Hi Ben,

Like I said i only had a month to test it. In the beginning there were a lot of times with high loads on the server, i opened a ticket about it. The reason was 'speed due to geo-location migrations'. But it was so bad that sometimes the server wasn't even reachable. Maybe they should have done those migrations at night times in Europe.

Tested a little longer but the server kept on being slower than normal. I remember getting a mail about it at the end of my trial month .. there was something that went wrong in the DC, so that must be the thing u mentioned. Like i already said: I had no problem what so ever with Site5 Support or Service, when u join them u really get the feeling that this company has their act together and is well organised. Support tickets are handled very professional and fast. The only problem was the server.

Hi Ben,

Like I said i only had a month to test it. In the beginning there were a lot of times with high loads on the server, i opened a ticket about it. The reason was 'speed due to geo-location migrations'. But it was so bad that sometimes the server wasn't even reachable. Maybe they should have done those migrations at night times in Europe.
    Gotcha, I can confirm that was due to the wrong drives going into the server. Our DC on that box put 3 bad SATA drives in (desktop models) and we had to switch all 3 out to enterprise models slowly while the array was rebuilding over a few weeks. Sorry for the trouble, I'd be happy to comp you for 6 months so you can try again and see that is is actually very very fast.

Thanks, Ben

@Ben ... Great and thanks for the offer. I will be trying the hosting again and make an update in this or a separate topic.

@Ben ... Great and thanks for the offer. I will be trying the hosting again and make an update in this or a separate topic.
    Great thanks!

We are 4 months later now and someone send me a private message asking me to post an update of my initial review because he was looking for UK reseller hosting. All the reseller reviews are based on UK locations, the VPS is US based. I am just gonna add things i experienced the past 4 months, the rest you can read in my initial post.

INNOHOSTING: 9/10

I am a client with them for about 2,5 years now. Everything i initially said about them kind of stays the same. Nothing much happened the past 4 months. One dissapointment however, they didn't want to adjust the e-mail sending limit for a client of mine ... i was hoping on a bit more flexibility for a loyal client. But in general support and server stability was very good. So if u want a company with good servers, fast reply's on tickets and a personal approach you can't go wrong with Innohosting.

I still hope they will work on just a few of their cons so they can get a 10:
    - Info on server problems: they should send customers at least a mail explaining what is going on, what is wrong, what they did to repair it, ...
    - Confusing ticket departments: 8 ? Is this really necessary ? Than u get answers like: 'open a ticket in the department B'. It looks stupid if they can push it theirselves ?
    - Free SSL doesn't get renewed automaticly when u renew the hosting.

EZPZHOSTING: 8,5/10

I am with them for about a year now and in the beginning i had some serious problems with their servers (magenta sites loading VERY slow). It took some time but eventually it got solved and the server is now running extremely smoothly. I must say that Dan didn't give up searching for a solution. The company is much Inno alike with the same personal approach. I am extremely happy with the server i am on now, very fast loading and very stable. EZPZ has one con however and that is the time to answer support tickets, it's very unstable ... sometimes fast and sometimes you have to wait several hours. If they could work on that the score would be also 9/10.

SITE5: 9,5/10

After a very, very bumpy start with the slowest hostingpackage i ever had Ben explained to me their was something wrong with the server i was on and i got an offer here on WHT to test their services for free for 6 months. The new server am on is really top notch, very stable and low loads. Their support is really great, fast and friendly .. and you can count on it you get a fast reply on tickets (within 15 minutes, no matter what the time of the day is). I think this feeling is worth a lot, wit some other company's u never know when they will respond. U can feel that this company is a bit larger than Inno and EZPZ. To bad they don't allow overselling on their resellerpackages, so prices are a bit high.

SURPASSHOSTING: 7.5/10

I was with them for a few months and finally cancelled the package. Support was always very fast in answering in a professional way. To bad the server wasn't so stable as with other company's. A lot of peaks with high loads making the server slow was the main reason i left them.

VPS at CLUBUPTIME (US): 8/10

I left Wiredtree and moved to Clubuptime for my VPS. Wiredtree offers a very high level of support but the many downtimes and the fact nobody of their management seems to care about you as customer made me decide to leave. VPS at Clubuptime is very stable and running smoothly.

I don't know how come but they never gave me the 'managed' feeling i got at wiredtree. Examples: The VPS wasn't really ready to go like with wiredtree, few weeks ago the servers were down ... no mail, no message, phone lines were dead ..

Pro: the stable VPS
    Cons: Very unstable support times. It sometimes just takes to long before getting an answer for a 'managed' company

Very nice review no doubt. You have written everything that must be kept in mind for a customer before to buy a package. Although EZP and inno are expensive but doing a great job.
    HostinPK.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting
    cPanel/CWP | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept PayPal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, and Bank payments

Quote Originally Posted by jamshed_11946 View Post
    Very nice review no doubt. You have written everything that must be kept in mind for a customer before to buy a package. Although EZP and inno are expensive but doing a great job.
    Thanks ....

Quote Originally Posted by jamshed_11946 View Post
    May be they are expensive, but I have always noticed, hosts that charge a bit extra, also offer that additional layer of creamy quality to their services and support. No doubt both ezpz and inno have good reputation and reviews.
    A host that compromises with price is likely to stuff the servers beyond their capacity and result in slow websites and uptime issues.

Very Good review`s

Thanks for your time !!!!