Funny answers and troubles with Staff

Hello !

I always wonder the way support executives deal with customers. Some web-hosts have staff that they answer what ever they think with out the proper knowledge on specific question/topic. If I ask the same question to another executive he give different answer and some times I do get the right answer where the first executive failed . Such topics vary in subjects...technical related, general pre-sales question, their own terms and conditions, affiliate plans etc.

I can understand the issues related to affiliates and sales may not be answered by everyone. Because there may be different things which every employ may not aware of them

But some staff cause trouble with their ignorance and some times make us laugh

A few days ago I dealt with a new company for a client . Once I was on their live chat and at the end , I asked ' Thanks for your support. May I know your name?'

The answer I got is 'Sorry ! We don't give our names ' . That answer was very funny and immediately I opened a ticket. The answer given by their CEO is ' The techs are not allowed to give out their real name. This is a rule we have for security reasons. The reasons are our own, however, the main reason is because there were people trying to steal my Techs away. '

When I ask their Office phone number...the executive replied...' Sorry! We don't have permission to give our phone number'. There are many other funny replies when ever I asked some thing

Today ! I received one more funny reply from an executive of another company. As I am not satisfied with the reply he given(The replies from that company vary from person to person and some times Un-professional )..I asked ..." What is your Qualification ' and the reply is...

XXX: Sorry, we cannot provide any personal details!
    XXX: Do you have any query regarding the issue you are facing, if so please ask?
    XXX: We are not allowed to provide any personal and professional details
    Another issue I faced a long ago from other company is ...rejection of my order. The answer I got is ... ' The domain is invalid '( The domain is of '.co' TLD. The executive thought it as a typo instead of '.com'. I am using the same domain for months and a website is hosted on that domain. They didn't even try to check it. They might solve the issue by simply asking me for confirmation. But they deleted the order and also the client account). I faced some other troubles (like wrong invoices, affiliate deletion) with the same company because of their staff and lost my valuable time and money. They named it as ' Mis-communication '

I just wanted share my experience with some hosts and sorry for such a long post

Anybody faced such problems?

YES! I could give you some name's of some website's, but I love it when company's answer live chat with "Hi" and I say "Whatever I need help with" and they tell me too go open a ticket because they can't answer a simple question.

I would like to know if anybody find this kind of Web-hosts. I can stay away from them

I suppose they are showing interest and willingness to help but they will not be able to help because of personal details...
    Really funny...

Why would some one hide their names ? And why would they hesitate to tell about educational qualifications?

I think some kids are working there That's why they are feeling shy to reveal their educational qualification.

May I know names of those Hosts? Once HostDime 's kids told me the same
    Last edited by wehelp; 06-03-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wehelp View Post
    HostDime is a rather large and legitimate company, I don't think you'll find too many "kids" there.

Quote Originally Posted by wehelp View Post
    Why would some one hide their names ? And why would they hesitate to tell about educational qualifications?

I think some kids are working there That's why they are feeling shy to reveal their educational qualification.

I'm unsure of what you mean by this. While we do employ quite a few college aged technicians, I can assure you they are most defiantly not "kids". Also, asking a technician their educational qualifications is something that we allow our technicians to deny to answer if they would like. The line between personal and professional conversation is entirely up to our employees to decide, but we do require them to provide their real first name as well as a picture for our Live Chat services.
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    HostDime is a rather large and legitimate company, I don't think you'll find too many "kids" there.
    I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by DimeNOC Dennis View Post
    I'm unsure of what you mean by this. While we do employ quite a few college aged technicians, I can assure you they are most defiantly not "kids". Also, asking a technician their educational qualifications is something that we allow our technicians to deny to answer if they would like. The line between personal and professional conversation is entirely up to our employees to decide, but we do require them to provide their real first name as well as a picture for our Live Chat services.
    I had a reason to ask that. Sorry ! If you think some one would chit chat on live support

wehelp,

If there is anything you need help with or want us to clarify we would be happy to. I know trust can be an issue at times and we are more then happy to assist you with any concerns or doubts

I am sure you can understand that some people may think personal educational school qualifications maybe personal. Me personally I don't think so and would share but we are all humans with our own judgement and decisions. This maybe the reason why the particular person you asked may have not wanted to discuss this.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

yeah ....hostdime is a nice company i agree