Dream Hosting Getting Worse?

I have to say that I disagree that Dream hosting's website was dull, it was straight forward and easy to use with a login to c-panel for members.
    I have 23 websites with them and all are ranked well in Google by their domain names alone.
    The support is good and there only seems to be a few techies, usually I get Nick who seems to have been there forever! He is very helpful though.
    Sadly, and I hope this is only a temporary thing, the ftp access is randomly dropping out at night for long periods and this never used to happen. Right now I can access none of my websites, just getting page not displayed and even the dream-hosting.co.uk site is down.
    This all seems to have happened since the website was recently changed to a much less user friendly and ugly flash type site.
    The prices have increased a bit more too although still good value.
    I really hope they get it back to the old way it used to work.
    Like they say, if it ain't broken.....

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyuiop View Post
    I have to say that I disagree that Dream hosting's website was dull, it was straight forward and easy to use with a login to c-panel for members.
    I have 23 websites with them and all are ranked well in Google by their domain names alone.
    The support is good and there only seems to be a few techies, usually I get Nick who seems to have been there forever! He is very helpful though.
    Sadly, and I hope this is only a temporary thing, the ftp access is randomly dropping out at night for long periods and this never used to happen. Right now I can access none of my websites, just getting page not displayed and even the dream-hosting.co.uk site is down.
    This all seems to have happened since the website was recently changed to a much less user friendly and ugly flash type site.
    The prices have increased a bit more too although still good value.
    I really hope they get it back to the old way it used to work.
    Like they say, if it ain't broken.....
    Did you not see the warning about this post being nearly three years old?

Anyway, hopefully that downtime you are experiencing gets resolved.

I did Zach but I have been happy with them up to now and their still going strong - I hope.
    I hope they come back online soon too as I got work to do! Thanks for answering my post though.
    Regards

Phill.

I did Zach but I have been happy with them up to now and their still going strong - I hope.
    I hope they come back online soon too as I got work to do! Thanks for answering my post though.
    Regards

Phill.
    Sure not a problem! If you get the chance, report your domain to the mods for verification of "review" by using this link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7487924

Always here to help!

Sorry Zach, I'm not a pro at this but I'm learning. So I don't really understand what you mean.
    Good news though DH is back up and ftp seems faster!

Sorry Zach, I'm not a pro at this but I'm learning. So I don't really understand what you mean.
    Good news though DH is back up and ftp seems faster!
    Well since you posted a personal account or review of your host, the administration likes to have people verify their reviews by clicking that link up there and pasting your domain in it. Then an admin goes out, checks your name servers or IPs and verifies that they are owned by your host.

This is my main domain
    dorchester computer repairs. com

Zach was suggesting that you send your domain name to the admins or post the domain in the thread so they can verify it because of the review you gave. It is just the way things work around here and helps keeps things running smooth.
    DFGHOSTING.COM 1-866-376-4637
    Cpanel/WHM | SVN/Trac | Softaculous | Fantastico | Word Press and phpBB Design and Development
    Professional Web Hosting | VPS Servers | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated Servers | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Live Video Support | Live Chat Support | End User Web Site Support | No Over selling!

Ok I got you guys and I just did it. Thanks for your advice and understanding of a noob!

And it's gone again!

Loads for me, slowly, but loads.

According to this: http://viewdns.info/reverseip/?host=...terrepairs.com

There are 1600 websites on the server you are on. That is insane, depending on their hardware.

Trying to work on www. letsrentvillamarbella. com and it loads like a 56k modem! dream hosting isn't loading at all and Expression Web (don't laugh!) won't play ball at all.

Is that bad then Zach, should I say something to them?

I would recommend finding a new provider.

Yeah, that's really sad though after so long with them. Hey-Ho. I did mail them but they will likely come back and say the server I am on makes the real Earth Sim look like a ZX Spectrum or summit!

Reply from Dream - Hosting

I'm glad to report this was only due to maintenance and it was done in the early hours. I have had a reply to my support ticket from Elliot explaining about the amount of sites on the server and my confidence in them is restored! Having been with them for 5 years and registered many sites with them and bought hosting I'm glad to be assured their service is still as good as it ever was.
    Here is a copy of the reply from Elliot:

Hi Phillip,

I'm sorry you're having issues. During the time this morning we were performing maintenance on our network which is why it was slow. For the rest of time our network and servers should be as fast as ever. You will be seeing a large amount of accounts which reverse to any of our public server IP's due to the way our infrastructure is setup. We run very large servers with a SAN backend, so although the amount of accounts seem high, these are actually distributed between disk drives, and servers with incredibly large amounts of ram and cpu power. Along with other techniques to enhance service such as static content serving and caching. I've pasted the current server status below for the server that dorchestercomputerrepairs.com is located on.

top - 11:17:44 up 37 days, 8:46, 4 users, load average: 3.01, 3.22, 3.40
    Tasks: 520 total, 2 running, 516 sleeping, 0 stopped, 2 zombie
    Cpu(s): 18.5%us, 1.9%sy, 0.0%ni, 78.3%id, 1.2%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st
    Mem: 8173864k total, 8020524k used, 153340k free, 391424k buffers

As you can see, its using 18% of its CPU's and the load average is relatively low.

All in all apart from the maintenance this morning and some minor issues in the last week which are now resolved, we've not had any reports of on going long term speed problems

Would you mind linking me to the thread on webhostingtalk.com so i can see what other issues are being reported?

If you wish i can offer you a move to one of our latest servers (lisa.enixns.com), the same one that letsrentvillamarbella.com is on.

Thanks,

Elliot