Burstnet support times...

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

I created a support ticket and it was open for about 20 hours, before I closed it due to no reply. I opened a second one with more detail, and its been about 14 hours and still no reply.

Don't get me wrong BustNET are a great company and usually the support times are quick, however, I do appreciate the fact that they don't have as many staff to keep the costs low.

I would of also thought that they would of had a UK phone number? I couldn't find one anywhere, on the last resort I contacted PayPal and they gave me their phone number, however I am not getting a reply from the Manchester DC.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

They're a budget provider and offer only semi-managed services by default, not fully-managed. Give them some time, and i'm more than certain they'll update you soon.

What is the exact issue? It may be something you can fix yourself with just a little bit of Googling.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

I think they may still be dealing with a backlog from the issues they had in Scranton this week. Give them a call or reply to the ticket to see whats going on (Dont open a new ticket, that just increases the backlog)

I sent them a ticket this afternoon asking for some ipv6 addresses, and it was done in less than 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-LD View Post
    I would of also thought that they would of had a UK phone number? I couldn't find one anywhere, on the last resort I contacted PayPal and they gave me their phone number, however I am not getting a reply from the Manchester DC.
    We do not have a UK phone number available currently to clients, so wherever you are calling, don't expect a response there. We should have UK phone number availability in the next 30 days, as we are in the middle of configuring and sending over a phone switch to the UK currently. We just installed a new phone system in our US locations last month.

Quote Originally Posted by mcianfarani View Post
    I think they may still be dealing with a backlog from the issues they had in Scranton this week. Give them a call or reply to the ticket to see whats going on (Dont open a new ticket, that just increases the backlog)
    Yes, he just restarted his whole wait time, by cancelling original ticket and opening a new one

The issue is why 20 hours has passed without a reply. If it was a difficult problem, at least acknowledge the fact instead of letting it sit there. The closing of an old ticket and reopening a new one doesn't negate the fact that almost a whole day goes by without a reply and there is a global workforce of support techs for BurstNET.

I've got nearly the same ticket as makaze, regarding IPs. And the phone number is 01612327592. Also, still no reply! I appreciate that your busy and will continue to wait, I just have customers screaming in my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by teck View Post
    The issue is why 20 hours has passed without a reply. If it was a difficult problem, at least acknowledge the fact instead of letting it sit there. The closing of an old ticket and reopening a new one doesn't negate the fact that almost a whole day goes by without a reply and there is a global workforce of support techs for BurstNET.
    Tickets can take awhile sometimes, we are a budget hosting company, and do not provide instant support, nor guaranteed response times. The vast majority of tickets are responded to pretty quickly, often within minutes, but other occasional tickets may take a day for a response, especially if waiting on a specific employee to assist, or if we are backlogged for some reason (which we were this week due a UPS issue).

I've got nearly the same ticket as makaze, regarding IPs. And the phone number is 01612327592. Also, still no reply! I appreciate that your busy and will continue to wait, I just have customers screaming in my ears.
    That phone number is not an authorized support number, nor advertised, so it is not going to get you anywhere. Keep in mind that we do not offer phone support except for emergencies and reboots only, unless fully managed support is purchased.

Supply your ticket # please, and I'll see if it is normally awaiting response, or on hold for some reason.

I've got nearly the same ticket.

Ticket DetailsTicket ID: 2711825
    When Created: 05-31-2011 - 09:57AM
    Elapsed Time: 2 days
    Since Last Action: 17 hours

2716334 & 2717203.

Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by ahyzp View Post

Ticket DetailsTicket ID: 2711825
    When Created: 05-31-2011 - 09:57AM
    Elapsed Time: 2 days
    Since Last Action: 17 hours
    Technical issue with the routing of the specific IP block you were assigned. I would expect it to be resolved this evening at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    They're a budget provider and offer only semi-managed services by default, not fully-managed. Give them some time, and i'm more than certain they'll update you soon.

What is the exact issue? It may be something you can fix yourself with just a little bit of Googling.
    That is spot on, and summed up nicely.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

2716334 & 2717203.

Thanks .
    Your delay is due to lack of clarity in what you are actually requesting.
    A few techs looked at it, as did I, and really have no idea what you are requesting be done...so it sat until which time we can spend the time to decipher it. Update the ticket with an explanation of what you are requesting please, rather than just a request to "move this ip to this ip".

Support times have been pretty good for the most part. They may drop the ball sometimes, but we are all human and given the amount of clients they have, its understandable.

I'm sure they'll get it sorted out soon enough.

It's not exactly hard... All I want is for you to point those IPs to a different VPS.

Still no reply, all I want them to do is move a set of IPs to a different VPS due to the speeds. It's ridiculous that you can't understand that... I have given so much detail in the tickets... Your support staff have done it for me before.