Any recommendations?

Hello,

I’ve started an online VPS business with a friend of mine. Last week we had a downtime with our low budget host, and due the fact we’re starting to grow, we’re looking for a secure dedicated server. We would like to avoid any downtimes in the future. Were looking for a 100mbps and 1gbps server. We also would like to have at least 1TB HD and around 8GB of RAM. Next to that, we don’t want any IP limits too. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dries

I've been with HostGator for years and never had problems. Good customer service as well.
    TiaWood.com - Smart Web Development Explained

Forgot to edit: the server has to be unmetered

What provider are you currently using? Are you looking for a budget provider again or have you learned your lesson?

Any demands for location (EU, US, other...)?
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Dries, from my experience there won't be any provider that gives out IPs without limits unless you're willing to pay.

We are managing many SoftLayer's servers for our clients and we always recommend them as very reliable provider in US. Please let me know if you need provider in EU.
    YourServerAdmin
    Server Management l 24/7/365 l Linux l Windowsl 15+ years experience
    sales [at] yourserveradmin.com - for general inquiries
    911 [at] yourserveradmin.com - for any urgent help

thanks for the quick replies,

We're willing to pay for IP slots, and we definetly have learned our lesson with budget providers. So we're looking for a reliable & good customer support server(s).

what would be a good price/quality server?

Quote Originally Posted by Meerski View Post
    Hello,

I’ve started an online VPS business with a friend of mine. Last week we had a downtime with our low budget host, and due the fact we’re starting to grow, we’re looking for a secure dedicated server. We would like to avoid any downtimes in the future. Were looking for a 100mbps and 1gbps server. We also would like to have at least 1TB HD and around 8GB of RAM. Next to that, we don’t want any IP limits too. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dries
    You should be able to get the server itself (i5 2300, 8GB of RAM, 2x2TB RAID-1, 100Mbps port, 29 IPs) for under $230 from a quality provider. Unmetered 100Mbps ports that actually provide 100Mbps of bandwidth aren't cheap, so I would add another $200-400/mo for dedicated bandwidth, depending on network quality. Or you could stay metered and pay only for your utilization or work out a commit with the provider, which is probably smarter.

If you're truly done with budget hosts, and ready to move into the world of high-end hosts, you'll find that they tend to have higher quality bandwidth that is worth every penny.

Good luck!
    Seattle, WA - Gigabit Carrier & Network Services Provider
    Uptime | Atlas Networks

Really depends on your budget. If you're offering VPS hosting, you should be able to get the ips you need from most providers if you're willing to pay for them. Typically I would recommend more ram if you're offering VPS hosting. A more typical amount would be 16gb and shouldn't cost an arm and a leg at a reasonable provider. Reasonable in this context means what they charge you is based on their costs in some way... i.e. if they charge $10 / mo for an upgrade that costs them $100 one time, they also charge $50 / mo for an upgrade that costs them $500 one time.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Meerski View Post
    Hello,

Thanks,

Dries
    Ouch! Downtime when you're growing is not good. I recommend Limestone Networks (limestonenetworks.com) if you contact Clint over live chat or over WHT he will be able to work with you one on one for the best deals possible allowing your business to grow.

We use them and have no regrets. Network is a class act, never had issues and people all over the world receive decent latencies.

Good Luck

- Brian
    Brian Oliver - COO
    XFuse Solutions, LLC
    Fusing Superior Support with Superior Web Solutions
    http://www.xfusesolutions.com

most providers will be willing to get you all the IP's you neeed as long as you A) have justification B) willing to pay. also as stated above I would recommend more ram and generally that is the most expensive part of the service. coupled with the CPU this is the most important parts
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

thanks for all the good information!

I'll try to contact the mentioned companies today, would it be possible to ask for discounts... or is that not-done?

Update: topic can be closed. We hired a new server at limestonenetworks.com, everything seems to be working great!

Thanks again,

Dries