Thread: OVH Outage?

OVH Outage?

My server is having massive packet loss, right now, I can just SSH in and check resource usage, nothing is out of the ordinary, and status.ovh.co.uk seems to be unreachable.

All our servers at OVH are fine and the status page is also loading fine for me (nothing on there to suggest any large issues either).

It sounds like it may be specific to your box or the switch you're on.

Ye I think you might be right. I just checked status.ovh.co.uk tunneling through a .de server and it shows up fine. This report sounds pretty likely: http://status.ovh.co.uk/?do=details&id=1498

Where are you getting losses from, and what does a tracert show?

probably more ISP related. I can't access anything on OVH.co.uk (manager, stats, any of our servers) but i can access them from our Newcastle DC...

C:\Users\David>tracert ovh.co.uk

Tracing route to ovh.co.uk [87.98.255.34]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms cxxxxxxxxxxxxx.11-2.cable.virginmedia.com [86.19.xx.xx]
    2 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms midd-core-1a-ae3-2465.network.virginmedia.net [213.106.237.77]
    3 57 ms 11 ms 11 ms leed-bb-1a-as7-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.75.45]
    4 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms brnt-bb-1b-as2-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.175.26]
    5 16 ms 17 ms 17 ms brnt-tmr-1-ae5-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.159.50]
    6 16 ms 15 ms 17 ms telc-ic-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.185.74]
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueVPS-Dave View Post
    probably more ISP related. I can't access anything on OVH.co.uk (manager, stats, any of our servers) but i can access them from our Newcastle DC...
    Yep. I'm on virgin in the UK.

From my home PC: http://pastebin.com/z01RaAS5
    From a friends server in Dallas: http://pastebin.com/3eBRfwBd

And as I say, i can ping and SSH fine from a friends server in Germany.

I think it's safe to say it's a VirginMedia fault (<sarcasm>how unusual</sarcasm>)

Looks like i may as well go to bed... not much i can get on with now...woohoo :-) an early night lol

Looks like i may as well go to bed... not much i can get on with now...woohoo :-) an early night lol
    You can fetch the MacBreakfasts for us nightowls then

It looks like something's fallen over at GBLX - I can still reach OVH but have to go via Tata through Paris to get there

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    You can fetch the MacBreakfasts for us nightowls then
    That is so cruel - the missus has put me on a diet that is going to have me chewing my fingers off very soon. Was even tempted to steal a bit of the salad i prepared for the lizard earlier... i feel like everyone is trying to make me stray from this diet :-(... where's my car keys... ;-)

That is so cruel - the missus has put me on a diet that is going to have me chewing my fingers off very soon. Was even tempted to steal a bit of the salad i prepared for the lizard earlier... i feel like everyone is trying to make me stray from this diet :-(... where's my car keys... ;-)
    Dominos deliver, AND they accept PayPal so you can book it on the company account as a business lunch... err... supper

Arrrgh. Make it stop! Mouth watering, bed calling, i'm off. Night all :-)