Any Crystal Reports alternative that is compatible with shared Windows/.NET hosting?

One of my customers has a web development that needs Crystal Reports, however my provider does not have that application installed. So I was thinking of recommending them to use a different framework, could you recommend one?

Hello,

IMHO there is no good alternative. Also in this case your customers should rewrite their application which is not a good idea. They could get a VPS ASP.NET hosting server to host their applications.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

Hi albatroz,

I still believe that crystal report is still considerably cheaper than other reporting tools available on the market. An an alternative to Crystal Report, you can try to have a look at SSRS 2008 (a reporting tool developed by Microsoft).

If I were you, I will still stick to use Crystal Report service. I personally do not think you need a VPS for crystal report hosting. You can obviously host your crystal report project on a shared server, and thus, you can save significantly. You just have to google for crystal report providers and I believe you can find one for just under $10/month.

Hope this helps!

winhost offer it as default option and the hosting features are great, you can check out.

Microsoft Reporting Services stand alone or as a part of SharePoint 2010 (there is an add-in).

Quote Originally Posted by albatroz View Post
    One of my customers has a web development that needs Crystal Reports, however my provider does not have that application installed. So I was thinking of recommending them to use a different framework, could you recommend one?
    As someone mentioned, SQL Reporting Services can be used instead. Another alternative is to use the ASP.NET ReportViewer control, but the host must have it installed on the server.
    Doug - DiscountASP.NET: ASP.NET & TFS Hosting
    - Voted "Best ASP.NET Host" by DevProConnections, Visual Studio Magazine, CodeProject, & asp.netPro Magazine
    - Data Centers Located in the USA & UK
    6 Months Hosting, No Setup Fee!

hi alabtroz,

have you managed to find a replacement for your crystal report?