Unusual Meta Tags - "Myth"??

Firstly I apologize if this question have been asked before in this forum.

I am mostly familiar with meta name="description" and meta name="keywords".But while going through some websites I've came across some unusual meta tags. e.g: meta name="abstract", name="key-phrases", meta name="topic", meta name="subject" etc.

Does these tags really have any effect on any search engine? Or these tags can be called as "Myth"??
      0 Not allowed!

they're mostly for other stuff or metadata, not for search engines
      0 Not allowed!

Could you please explain a bit more on "other stuff or metadata"
      0 Not allowed!

These meta tags are not as useful as keyword and description but it helps search engines to gather more info about that particular website. Therefore these tags are used.
      0 Not allowed!

As of now even keyword and description tags are useless for google search engines. Keyword is completely ignored by google crawlers, because people started exploiting it by stuffing keywords there. The description tag is only used for showing it in SERP - so make sure to write description which would attract visitors and temp them in clicking on your link.
      0 Not allowed!

I think meta tags are not that useful as compair to keyword and description they just help Google crawlers to gather Information but they cant be Ignored.
      0 Not allowed!

Meta tags are still useful just not in the way they used to be. I definitely wouldn't waste my time creating meta keywords. Description and Title meta tags still show up on search results so it's good to be descriptive in those areas only to differentiate your site from others, not for the search engines themselves.
      0 Not allowed!

Some of those meta tags are used in order to communicate with advertising systems, online networks of ads servers, Analytics and so many other applications which sometimes might act to verify domains across the internet. They may not have any impacts on achieving better Google ranks in the course of time. It is also possible that such websites are having fine positions on other search engines than Google due to presence of those new tags.

At present, while trying to get ranks on Google and other major search engines, only title and description tags can be considered as must have on pages. Of course a few other ones related to language settings and CSS platforms too are common among sites but there are tens of other tags which may not add anything values to the sites listed online. Those are especially observed on homepages of older domains and sites created years ago.
      0 Not allowed!

This meta tags are useless for search engine optimization
      0 Not allowed!

what is the maximum limit of meta tags, i saw a blog with tons of meta tags but still coming on 1st page with high SEPR, using too much meta tags is good? or bad, what is the limit? Is really meta tags have to do nothing with search engine optimization?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliza Shehpati View Post
    what is the maximum limit of meta tags, i saw a blog with tons of meta tags but still coming on 1st page with high SEPR, using too much meta tags is good? or bad, what is the limit? Is really meta tags have to do nothing with search engine optimization?
    Some sites use meta tags to pass on information about the page. Useless for SEO but useful for the actual blog or even other services beside SEO.

Other services might use custom meta tags to pass on information used solely for that service.

Title and Description are the main meta tags for SEO.
    TiaWood.com - Smart Web Development Explained
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you guys for your helpful suggestions. It helped a lot to understand the process.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliza Shehpati View Post
    It is not for SEO.

If you see something with like "og:video" or "og:admins" meta tags, those are to show an image or something when linked on facebook, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

The tags you're referring to are completely irrelevant to SEO. The only tags that matter are TITLE and DESCRIPTION.
      0 Not allowed!