Angry update: godaddy issue ---- not VPSlatch or Dimehost issue

A couple months back I had read some very good things on here regarding VPSlatch. After doing thorough and literally hours of research and such, I decided to go ahead and secure their services a few weeks ago. Well, since then I have been having the same issues and paying for a VPS that is unusable and worthless, and of which my registrar insists that the problems are from VPSlatch end because my VPS cannot be found. Yet I repeatedly have tech guys who keep coming back and telling me that the problem is with my registrar.

To be fair, they have been VERY good in timely responses to my support tickets. Usually an hour or less, sometimes in minutes. The problem is I keep getting responses and "help" from different people. And each one WRONGLY addresses the issue from the same perspective each and every time. It has gotten so stinking redundant that I have to explain the same thing over and over and over. It has been the SAME THING for 2 weeks with no resolution.

So, one of 2 things are happening: Either the tech support people are being lazy and unwilling to look at the history of the support tickets and my account, or they do not have access to that info. Either of which is a HUGE tech/customer support issue and fail. They are all very nice and attempting to be helpful (except for one guy who was a little condescending), but my frustration is reaching a "boiling over" point. I now have my 5th or 6th tech guy working on it in the last 2 weeks, of which the latest is supposed to be "Level 3" support for more advanced issues. Guess what though? He wrongly addressed the issue in the same exact way as the lower level guys. I even offered to just close this account down and just start all over from square 1 so they can try to get me a workable and properly configured VPS, being that I am unable to do ANYthing on my account for 3 weeks now. FRUSTRATING.

This was my latest ticket/e-mail to the response of the "level 3" guy:

"I need to SPEAK TO SOMEONE. I have been incredibly happy with VPSlatch up until this point, but this is getting damned ridiculous! It is as if the 100 previous e-mails I have on this issue are just ignored, some guy does some quick review, and I have to go explaining everything all over again. I've had to do this MULTIPLE times. So AGAIN:

The domain xxxxxx*********** has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SERVER. I have received this stinking message from you guys over and over again. The Domain is NOT xxxxxx***********. I MISTAKENLY put that down as my initial domain because I was not sure at the time what to use. I have since changed and updated everything to the appropriate name, to xxxxxxx***********, and have had to REPEATEDLY explain the same thing over and over and over to your tech support. Why is EVERY SINGLE ONE of your tech guys first response the SAME exact wrong one? If EVERYBODY wrongly brings this up to me, then clearly there is some CONFIG issues that should have been ironed out a long time ago that you guys are not taking care of. WHY do you keep believing that xxxxxx*********** is to be associate with my VPS? It's NOT and I asked for that to be resolved 2 weeks ago. Either people are being lazy and not properly taking the time to view past history of support tickets, or they do not have past history available to them... both of which are of epic tech/customer support failings.

I have repeatedly, repeatedly, said this to MULTIPLE different VPSlatch support tickets, and it is getting so stinking redundant. If you had READ MY PREVIOUS E-MAILS AND SUPPORT TICKETS, you would have known we can not update my nameservers from the registrar because the registrar can not find my servers! The problem is NOT with the registrar! Don't believe me? What is this: http://network-tools.com/default.asp...t=64.37.57.145
    Their system can NOT connect to my server, it can not find it! How in the heck are nameservers supposed to be updated when my server can't be found? Whenever I try to update the nameserver, it says "Nameserver not registered". I have repeatedly and thoroughly described exactly what is happening, what error messages I've received, and what godaddy support people are telling me who have 100% confirmed the problem is from the server/VPSlatch end. The fact is the problem is on your end, and this server can not be found! This is over 2 weeks of this nonsense and my having a worthless product that can not get configured correctly! I need to be testing and publishing my danged site!! It is severely handcuffing my ability to work, and I am incredibly frustrated. I am no longer willing to retread and regurgitate the issues when I've already explained the same thing over and over, because tech guys won't take the time to review my ticket notes and history.

If you guys can't figure this out, I'm sorry, but I'll be cancelling my service, requesting a refund, and contacting one of their guys at webhostingtalk.com, and sharing all the details so he can hopefully prevent you all from losing future customers. I just want a good, reliable product with people who know what they're doing. One of those 2 criteria are not being met for some reason. I am VERY frustrated, and this canned response is pushing me over the edge."
    Last edited by CD Burnt; 06-02-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alienalias View Post
    I have repeatedly, repeatedly, said this to MULTIPLE different VPSlatch support tickets, and it is getting so stinking redundant. If you had READ MY PREVIOUS E-MAILS AND SUPPORT TICKETS, you would have known we can not update my nameservers from the registrar because the registrar can not find my servers! The problem is NOT with the registrar! Don't believe me? What is this: http://network-tools.com/default.asp...t=64.37.57.145
    Their system can NOT connect to my server, it can not find it! How in the heck are nameservers supposed to be updated when my server can't be found? Whenever I try to update the nameserver, it says "Nameserver not registered".
    Knowing that VPSLatch/HostDime bundles cPanel/WHM, your server is indeed UP. http://64.37.57.145:2086/ works...

It seems you've missed a step regarding setting up nameservers and perhaps some miscommunication along the way. To get your nameservers up and running on your new domain, you have to first REGISTER them on GoDaddy. Note this is DIFFERENT from UPDATING your nameservers.

Please see here: http://help.godaddy.com/article/668

Once you've registered your nameservers (ns1/ns2.yourdomain.com) and update the nameservers of that domain to ns1/ns2.yourdomain.com, you'll have to make sure that cPanel/WHM of your server is also updated and aware of these new nameservers.

Perhaps it's just miscommunication or them using terminology you're unfamiliar with, but once you've done the steps above, you should be all set.

Hello alienalias,

I have looked up your ticket history and believe this issue can be resolved quickly with a phone call. I left a voicemail on your cellphone a few moments ago. I have listed my contact information below and look forward to your call

Office: 407-756-1126 extension 3001
    Cell: 407-267-0227
    Paul

Thumbs up ISSUE RESOLVED

Paul- I am impressed with your timely response, willingness to call me, and help in getting this resolved.

Just for everyone to know, the issue WAS In fact with godaddy, NOT VPSlatch. I spoke with 4 people on the phone (at godaddy) and every single one of them insisted the problem was with VPSlatch. Only the most recent godaddy guy was able to resolve this most recent issue based on the most recent e-mail I received from Paul.

Sorry to direct my 2 weeks of frustration towards VPSlatch whom were clearly right all along! I had godaddy saying it was VPSlatch causing the problem, and VPSlatch saying it was godaddy... VPSlatch were the correct party, to reiterate!

RESOLVED. Thank you!

I plan to write a recommendation of you guys once I can get this sucker finally going. Again, THANK YOU!
    Last edited by alienalias; 06-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.

NEVER listen to those imbeciles at GoDaddy!

I am a former vpslatch customer now a hostdime customer. I am happy with hostdime for their timely responses and also like the more detailed resolutions. I like when they give me the reason why something was not working and the fix.

I dont use my vps a lot, but still keep them

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hello alienalias,

I have looked up your ticket history and believe this issue can be resolved quickly with a phone call. I left a voicemail on your cellphone a few moments ago. I have listed my contact information below and look forward to your call

Office: 407-756-1126 extension 3001
    Cell: 407-267-0227
    Top notch support right d'ere.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Glad to see this worked out. Mental note: trust Google over GoDaddy should I have questions about their setup.

Good to see that you got this sorted out. I moved from godaddy a couple of years ago but I did not have any problem while I was with them.

Tumbs up for hostdime, the way they handled the problem was awesome