VolumeDrive... Poor response time...

Hey,

Looking at VolumeDrive. I need a cheap host for my IRC bot framework I'm developing.

Emailed them, it's been a day and I haven't got anything back. I'm just wondering what IRC services they allow (IRCds, bots bouncers etc.) because I wouldn't mind linking to my friends server (he's looking for a link).

So yeah, a day and no response. There terms and conditions/acceptable use links are broken, although I did find them after a google.

Thanks,
    Fionn.

Hello Sir,

May b they are facing some problem, please wait they will reply you soon..

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    WaQas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fike View Post
    Hey,

Looking at VolumeDrive. I need a cheap host for my IRC bot framework I'm developing.

Emailed them, it's been a day and I haven't got anything back. I'm just wondering what IRC services they allow (IRCds, bots bouncers etc.) because I wouldn't mind linking to my friends server (he's looking for a link).

So yeah, a day and no response. There terms and conditions/acceptable use links are broken, although I did find them after a google.

Thanks,
    Fionn.
    IRC isnt allowed inside the BurstNet Network, VolumeDrive uses the BurstNet network. Problem solved.

So IRC of any type isn't allowed.

SOURCE: http://forums.burst.net/showthread.p...5417#post25417
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Matt View Post
    IRC isnt allowed inside the BurstNet Network, VolumeDrive uses the BurstNet network. Problem solved.

You may be right but let's wait on an official response from Volumedrive. I believe there is something "special" about their relationship with burst as it relates to network config / routing. They are collocating with them and I think there is some difference.

Link: http://volumedrive.com/policies/aup.html

Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:

12. Running chat servers or clients, including (but not limited to) IRC servers, IRC clients, Instant Messaging proxies, and web-based chat programs.
    Internet Etiquette

Each Customer is expected to execute reasonable Internet etiquette. The Customer will comply with the rules appropriate to any network to which VolumeDrive may provide access. The Customer should not post, transmit, or permit Internet access to information the Customer desires to keep confidential. The Customer is not permitted to post any material that is illegal, libelous, and tortuous, indecently depicts children or is likely to result in retaliation against VolumeDrive by offended users. VolumeDrive reserves the right to refuse or terminate service at any time for violation of this section. This includes Lifetime Members, advertising services or sites via IRC or USENET in clear violation of the policies of the IRC channel or USENET group.
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...

Hello Sir,

I think he need offshore location for VPS, on that he can easily use IRC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    WaQas.

Quote Originally Posted by WaQas View Post
    Hello Sir,

I think he need offshore location for VPS, on that he can easily use IRC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    WaQas.
    I do not represent VolumeDrive. I would suggest looking at the VPS Hosting offers.

OK, VolumeDrivei s a no-no. Anyone reccommend cheap hosting that allows IRC?

Thanks

OK, VolumeDrivei s a no-no. Anyone reccommend cheap hosting that allows IRC?

Thanks
    Hello Sir,

What is your requirement?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    WaQas

Hello Sir,

What is your requirement?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    WaQas
    VPS for ~$7 per month, 2GB RAM, freedom to install an IRCd and ZNC, and run IRC bots etc. (openVZ powered if possible) 50-100GB HDD and 2TB bandwidth. It's my budget at the moment, and I know I'm chancing my luck, but it's what I can afford .

Thanks,
    Fionn
    Last edited by Fike; 06-01-2011 at 03:46 PM.

VPS for ~$7 per month, 2GB RAM, freedom to install an IRCd and ZNC, and run IRC bots etc. (openVZ powered if possible) 50-100GB HDD and 2TB bandwidth. It's my budget at the moment, and I know I'm chancing my luck, but it's what I can afford .

Thanks,
    Fionn
    Hello Sir,

Your budget is too much low for stable VPS but you can try your luck on lowendbox, i hope there you will find someone..

I think its very unlikely you're going to find anything with those specs that allows IRC -- if you do find something its probably going to be heavily, heavily oversold.

Hello Sir,

Your budget is too much low for stable VPS but you can try your luck on lowendbox, i hope there you will find someone..
    Actually, after a bit of math, I may be able to spend up to 30 euro on a VPS. I noticed the host in your sig (that you seem to operate). Do you allow IRC? And how much would I pay per month for that spec? And if you think you could set me up, could I have a link to a test file?

Thanks.

Actually, after a bit of math, I may be able to spend up to 30 euro on a VPS. I noticed the host in your sig (that you seem to operate). Do you allow IRC? And how much would I pay per month for that spec? And if you think you could set me up, could I have a link to a test file?

Thanks.
    Hello Sir,

According to this forum rules i can't reply your answer in reply,
    please use Contact Us button on https://www.saaki.net/ to get your answers.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    WaQas.

While we appreciate the detective work. Please allow an official response from us on this subject. While we do share a direct peering port with burst on our BGP feed. We do in fact run a separate network, operation and company.

TOS that you've provided a link to is an old clause related to our shared hosting which we no longer offer.

All of this being said, we do not specifically forbid IRC. We do however have a strict no spam, network abuse, etc.. policy that is upheld. So do give a direct answer, we do not have a problem with IRC as long as the activities conducted while using it are not illegal, spam related or network abuse.

To the OP. We are still very much behind with sales / customer service inquiry responses from the extended holiday.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Hey,

Thanks,
    Fionn.
    What do you expect for that kind of money? At their prices I'd be happy with a 72 hour response guarantee and I am serious.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

I love their services. I have 2 dedicated and 1 vps. I have never had any problems. The wait time is worth it for the price i pay to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    What do you expect for that kind of money? At their prices I'd be happy with a 72 hour response guarantee and I am serious.
    Sales and customer service response times for VPS inquiries are slow at the moment. We aren't going to say differently. However, this is being improved and we do take support responses very seriously. In addition, most of our VPS service is automated so the client can reboot, reload, console and work on their account without needed much assistance from us unless they have a billing or RDNS related support request.

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Sales and customer service response times for VPS inquiries are slow at the moment. We aren't going to say differently. However, this is being improved and we do take support responses very seriously. In addition, most of our VPS service is automated so the client can reboot, reload, console and work on their account without needed much assistance from us unless they have a billing or RDNS related support request.
    I meant that in defense for you btw.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

^ No problem. We just wanted to be clear and upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Sorry, I guess I have acted a little greedy ._.

Will the sales team be open monday? And I don't use IRC for illegal activities; I'd like to have a private network (not many users) and to use my resource-friendly bot framework which i'm releasing under the GNU soon.

I look forward to hosting with you,
    Fionn

I don't know why you'd even consider hosting with WaQqas. His English is terrible, every post is "Hello Sir, ... Thanks in Advance, Regards, WaQqas", and IIRC his hosting company is ran out of a hotel room.
    Maybe if you want arabic support...

Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    I don't know why you'd even consider hosting with WaQqas. His English is terrible, every post is "Hello Sir, ... Thanks in Advance, Regards, WaQqas", and IIRC his hosting company is ran out of a hotel room.
    Maybe if you want arabic support...
    My...just throw a couple of ethnic slurs in there an your post is complete.

Please...just back away from the keyboard.

Sorry to hijack this thread. This just seemed highly uncalled-for.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypeesmith View Post
    My...just throw a couple of ethnic slurs in there an your post is complete.

Please...just back away from the keyboard.

Sorry to hijack this thread. This just seemed highly uncalled-for.

No, I'm just kidding.. Reading that post I made it looks really bad, it definitely wasn't meant to be like that.

I think that if you're trying to sell to US/EN people, it's probably a good start to learn the language fluently.

I think that if you're trying to sell to US/EN people, it's probably a good start to learn the language fluently.
    As long as I can understand what is being communicated, and the level of service meets my needs, I couldn't care less about grammar with a second language.

Quote Originally Posted by [CTI] Todd View Post
    As long as I can understand what is being communicated, and the level of service meets my needs, I couldn't care less about grammar with a second language.
    But it gives a bad impression, no?

But it gives a bad impression, no?
    To me personally, no. We live in a global economy, not everyone speaks perfect English.

Loading your own Iso image on their vps ?

I noticed volumedrive does not have any xen hvm or soluvm.
    Is it possible to load your own iso image on volumedrives vps ?
    If not what software is required to do so?
    Is this possible to install myself?

My VPS hosting wasn't working to change the node. VPS information for OS was shown as Reloading OS. I couldn't change the node. I couldn't do anything. I sent the e-mails before last week. But nothing response for repairing and doing till now. I am waiting for repairing my vps.

Quote Originally Posted by zukaris View Post
    I noticed volumedrive does not have any xen hvm or soluvm.
    Is it possible to load your own iso image on volumedrives vps ?
    If not what software is required to do so?
    Is this possible to install myself?
    I don't think so; vePortal gives you a selection of pre-configured ISOs.