DNS admin displayed with netcraft reports - how can I change my email address?

I registered a new domain some time ago and paid for private registration with godaddy.

When I view details on my domain using netcraft I can see that my personal email address is displayed in the "DNS Admin" section

How can I change this? I contacted my host and they said they have no control over this. Godaddy said the same. When I asked if the private registration company they use could be responsible they also said the same. It has to be one of them!

Any ideas?

DNS Admin is defined in your domain's ZONE file (SOA record), so you need to contact whoever controls your domain's name servers (most probably your host).

Quote Originally Posted by TriStar View Post
    DNS Admin is defined in your domain's ZONE file (SOA record), so you need to contact whoever controls your domain's name servers (most probably your host).
    thank-you for taking the time out to help me. At least I got some information that I can verify with my host now.

Do you know by chance if I can update these records myself?

Many thanks

Assuming that your host is using cPanel & you're on reseller level/have access to WHM, you should be able to update it yourself. Otherwise, you will have to rely on them.