micrahosting review

We have been with handynetworks for sometime now. We have been approched by micrahosting.com and offered the deal of server which is 50% of price of what we are paying at handynetworks.com

The server config seems better than what we have currently and they are claiming since they use peer1 we will get best network and services. The guys who approched me i know personally and they are local.

However on whois of domain i found it is established in Dec 2010 so i am checking here to see if anyone have any review or say on that?

Obviously this company is new.
    But that doesn't mean they are bad. But I have heard of them for the first time.

Thanks for input Fines, yeah thats what i was looking for, they had claimed to be long time in business and have sold many servers and as per them they are KNOWN in hosting industry due to their offering is paired with peer1.

kartiksh, the simple thing to test if they are telling the truth to you or not is to just send an email into their Sales team asking them how long they have been in business and etc. Did they do business with a different name previously?

Also I'm not too sure about their pricing and etc, but could you tell me this.. how much are you paying for the current server you are having? What are the specifications of the server? Is it managed or unmanaged?

Those are a few things which should get answered before moving forward on your decision and we would most probably be able to give you some feedback based on your reply.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Not heard of them either, as Fines said it's not necessarily a bad thing but personally I'd only go with a reputable company that has been going 8+ years if I'm going to be spending alot of money.

ok, thanks for tip, here is what we have in place

it is windows managed server and following is specs

Supermicro X8DTL-iF / SC733T-665B
    2x Intel Xeon 5504 Quad Core
    16GB DDR3 ECC/registered
    500 GB Western Digital Enterprise
    Adaptec 2405 4 port (RAID10)

they are offering 5620 with 16 GB at half the cost. We are paying monthly $xxxx.xx (early 000s)

Wow... that's some powerful server you have there. But your HDD could be upgraded all to 1GB.

Am just wondering what you're doing with such a powerful computer?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com