what registrar to use?

Hi all

Im after buying another domain name and looking to see what registrar you guys use. Godaddy are ok though you have to pay for the privacy option so you dont show up in a whois search.

I was going to use namecheap and it says on there website that its $2.99 for first year, though when i search the .com it comes through at normal price.

pricing isnt an issue so let me know what you use and if you have any promotion codes.

Thanks
    Steve

Signature Under Construction.

Yeah, Godaddy is great I use them myself but they're more expensive than $2.99/yr, especially for (.com) domains. iPage offers a free domain but you need to buy hosting. Their plan is among the cheapest I've found though.

I used to use webnic and then change it to Enom. It's working well here. is thr any differences actually?

The differences are in the control panel and supposedly in the quality of custoemr service but all of that depends mostly on perception and/or individual experiences.

Godaddy is a good domain registrar even internetbs.net is offering cheapest price at present.

I used hostingdude to register my domain and I purchased the domain at the offered price. It is very cheap.

This probably has been mentioned a million times, but GODADDY has a good reputation specialy with all the coupons.

Never get your domain and hosting from the same company. Why? See here.. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=564900
    Signature Under Construction.

yup. you cant go wrong with godaddy.

I prefer internet.bs over godaddy. They have free privacy, and a great price.

I'm using GoDaddy and very happy, expect the fact that everytime when you need technical support it takes 1-3 hours.

Alex
    CPAPClinic.ca

I would suggest namecheap because of their support they are like a few cents more expensive than other but they offer 24/7 livechat support / tickets.
    Offshore Hosting & High Privacy in Panama
    Cloud Servers & Shared Web Hosting | Daily Backups | 99.9% Uptime
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

I recommend namecheap too. They really have a good service.

Offshoreracks, can you point out what are the special features of namecheap when compared to others.

you could also use rrpproxy.net a lot of the big us registrars use them for their cctlds.

Can you explain why you want to recommend rrpproxy.net, let me the uniqueness about them.

they have about 280 tlds and a very good api. they are part of key-systems adn they are one of the fastest growing registrars
    http://www.webhosting.info/registrar...strars/global/

I use they since 2002 and they have a lot of big us registrars as customers for cctlds.

+1 for NameCheap.com

They are great with very user friendly control panel.

GoDaddy is reliable though can be a pain in the rear at times.