Hybrid View

Page Rank important for SEO?

Hi,

I would like to know why everyone consider page rank or domain authority for a website, I have seen so many sites having good content but the page rank is zero, I would like to know on what factors they give page rank.

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

on the quality of backlinks
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahulsuresh View Post
    I would like to know why everyone consider page rank or domain authority for a website, I have seen so many sites having good content but the page rank is zero, I would like to know on what factors they give page rank.
    PR is important and to gain rank, you must have good quality backlinks. But the fact for me is keyword ranking on SERP is better than gaining PR. As you will notice, not all high PR sites are on the top page of SERP.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahulsuresh View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Page rank is not much important for ranking in search.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by johnston981 View Post
    Page rank is not much important for ranking in search.
    PageRank alone won't help you get to the first page but it can be a + points for you if you are optimizing a site that has a PageRank.
    Extreme SEO Philippines - Reliable SEO in Philippines with Proven Track Record
    Also Offer Social Media Optimization Service
      0 Not allowed!

Serps is what gets you traffic. Come top of serps for "buy v14gr4 online", and you'll get rich.

PR (Page Rank) determines the "authority" of your site in Google's eyes. We are told that Google considers 200 factors, but not what they are.

PR has some effect on your serps position, but not much. Google "house" and you will find that the White House (PR10) does not come on the first page of the results.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with you but how to search engine determine fist site rank.
      0 Not allowed!

The main factor of pagerank improving is a number of quality backlinks for your site but nowadays I'd suggest you to focus on your keywords rankings than pagerank
      0 Not allowed!

Pagerank does not seem to hold the weight it once did as Google does not update the pr as it used to.
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

Hi Rahul,
    I would like to know why everyone consider page rank or domain authority for a website,
    Really a good question that i've got it in the beginning process of learning it. Page Rank is the one that tells about the relevancy and quality of a web page. I hope blindly that it is also one of the factors considered for SERP.
    I have seen so many sites having good content but the page rank is zero,
    This may be because of duplicate content
    I would like to know on what factors they give page rank.
    No one know the exact factors that they consider for page rank. Its all secret till now. But, some factors are quite obvious to us and some was found working after a deep research. These are the factors that we are following nowadays. But, still there are so many factors and still introducing new factors I think for page rank.
    Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

From this thread I came to know that Page Rank is not important.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes. Because it's present your site's status on Google. It's like a marks which given by Google to our site
      0 Not allowed!

Website content is a important part of high PR value of web pages but if you website having quality back link with highly relevant site. you website structure and number of web pages in your website also helping for high PR value of website.

PR value show that you web pages having high quality in the eyes of search engine.
      0 Not allowed!

I think that, it is fully depends on backlinks and traffic of the site.
      0 Not allowed!