Thread: VPS problem :(

VPS problem :(

I have VPS from hetzner and domain from godaddy. I want to connect my domain to my VPS server and domain for my client.
    I tried to host summary(add) to type nameservers ns1.ipdserver.me, ns2.ipserver.me but that can not? Pls help

2. As long as the domain is added on the server (any control panel on it?), you should simply point the nameservers to the ones provided by your service provider, if any, that would point to your actual vps and this would cause it to work. Can you provide us with the domain name in question so we can run some tests and see what's the issue?
    SlickWebHost::Quality Personal and Business Hosting Solutions
    USA and UK, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, R1Soft Shared Hosting
    USA andUK Virtual Private Servers with Best Connectivity to Europe, North America and Asia
    SlickWebHost::Non-outsourced 24/7 Support

Did you configured DNS servers on your machine?

not. how it works? I have plesk panel. Does plesk configure dns?

make sure you have the access to your domain control panel and point your domain to VPS ip.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Well, if you haven't installed any control panel on your server. It would be difficult for you to configure nameserer on plain server. Why don't you try free control panel like kloxo or webmin or take a help of your host?

THanks

@CH hosting
    this is it? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/unledvjr.png/

@InoxHost
    I have plesk panel.

do you have working dns? or is your domain now active on internet?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Domain was active yesterday for nameservers shared hosting. Now i want to active domain on VPS...

Godaddy support wrote me: "In reviewing the link you have provided you are trying to crate a subdomain to a domain. when you create an A (Host) record or A Record the points to field would need to be linked to an IP address. Please review the following link which will explain more about how to update DNS records and what each section of the DNS Manager is used for. http://community.godaddy.com/help/article/680#arecs "

Quote Originally Posted by rootserver View Post
    I have VPS from hetzner and domain from godaddy. I want to connect my domain to my VPS server and domain for my client.
    I tried to host summary(add) to type nameservers ns1.ipdserver.me, ns2.ipserver.me but that can not? Pls help
    1) In the Host Summary you will click Add and put ns1 (it will put your domain name after the ns1 for you) along with your IP address. Do it again with ns2.

2) After adding ns1 & ns2 to the Host Summary, set your nameservers for that domain to the entries you just created (i.e., set the nameservers to ns1.yourdomain.me and ns2.yourdomain.me.

You will need to wait for a day or two for the above changes to propagate.

3) While you are waiting for the nameservers to propagate, install bind on your VPS. Install webmin to make configuring bind easy. Create a new zone for your domain. At minumum, add the following records, associating the A records with your IP address.

www (record type A)
    [leave blank for just the domain name] (record type A)
    ns1 (record type NS)
    ns2 (record type NS)

Restart bind to apply changes.

To verify that bind is working properly test it with the following command issued at the command prompt.

# dig @localhost yourdomain.me

ok I will try that. I already plesk panel, did he not set up DNS? So I need to install webmin?

ok I will try that. I already plesk panel, did he not set up DNS? So I need to install webmin?
    You don't need webmin, but it sure makes adding DNS records to BIND easy. For some Linux administration tasks, it's absurd to not use webmin.

Pointing the nameserver records at your registrar to your website won't work. You need to point the name servers to a DNS server. They can both be at the same IP address if you want, but there has to be a functioning DNS server at that IP address with a properly configured zone for your domain.

I don't happen to use Plesk, but doesn't it create DNS records for you automatically?

Thanks for helping me!
    This is how I set up. Is that ok?

This is how I set up. Is that ok?
    Did the dig command work?

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_5.3 <<>> MYSITE.ME
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 61356
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;MYSITE.ME. IN A

;; Query time: 37 msec
    ;; SERVER: 213.133.100.100#53(213.133.100.100)
    ;; WHEN: Wed Jun 1 14:32:39 2011
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 30

That setup is not right. Get out of the DNS manager at GoDaddy. Go to the Domain Manager. When you are there you should see a section for Nameserver control. It will list your contact information as well.

If you scroll down, you will see a section that says host. You need to add ns1 and ns2 there. Once that is done, you can change your name servers to them. You will then setup your dns records on your box. You have no need to be in the GoDaddy dns manager. Make sure that you add ns1 and ns2 records on your box as well.

The first three photos are exactly correct.

But you do not need to put your NS A records with GoDaddy. You need to put them on your Plesk box. You will have to wait a little while for it propagate, but it will correctly.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/unledvjr.png/ this is ok
    I call for 48 hours to tell you what I did.

Working!! Problem is was plesk panel. Thanks all!!