Hybrid View

Looking for an Ecommerce VPS host (Fully managed)

I am currently in the market for a new ecommerce host.

I run a magento site with 1000+ products. I need a fully managed host because i have limited server knowledge. What would be a good server for my needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Techdare View Post
    I am currently in the market for a new ecommerce host. A "regular" fully managed VPS with good power should do.

I run a magento site with 1000+ products. I need a fully managed host because i have limited server knowledge. What would be a good server for my needs?
    You don't need an "ECommerce VPS" per se.

However, there are a few things you will probably need that your managed hosting company will assist you with installing.

1) Since you have limited server knowledge, a VPS with a hosting panel such as cpanel/directadmin will probably be the easiest route. These will cost you more but will allow you to easily manage your domain.

2) Magento is inherently more resource intensive than your standard ecommerce application so you'd want some decent CPU power for a fast running site.

3) Magento does have some speicifc PHP requirements that is not usually standard, make sure your provider knows you are going to run Magento so they can compile support for it.

Good luck with the eCommerce
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS
    www.KiloServe.com Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

Thank you for the information, would you know of any USA based hosting providers that I can use?

knowhost, servint, futurehosting great vps providers

Thanks alot, im going to look into reviews on those hosters